Part : 11 { Calm Before The Storm }

Kiyotaka's Point Of View

I wonder how people suddenly develop a fear of the sea. Of course, I can understand the logic behind it. The sea is terrifying if you think about it for just a second, but to develop an uncontrollable phobia of it feels a bit too unreal. The sea is a beautiful sight, the boundless blue sky, the perfect fresh air, and the rustling of the sea salt breeze that gently wraps around your body. Maybe that's just me talking. Naturally, anyone would enjoy seeing such a glamorous sight they were deprived of for their entire life.

Ken: Yo, Taka! Wanna go check out the boat with us?

Ken called out to me from behind as I was admiring the sea.

Kiyotaka: Ehh, I don't feel like it at the moment. Can you guys go ahead of me for now? I feel like taking in the scenery for the moment.

I turned back to respond to them.

Yamauchi: Pff, sure, whatever, bud. Enjoy your view. Let's go looking for some babes in bikinis!

Ike: You read my mind!

Ken: 'sigh' sure. Later then, Cya!

I really need to get Ken new friends...

They walked away after that to leave me to my thoughts.

We're currently on our way to a privately owned island on a privately owned cruise ship directly funded by the school. Supposedly this was the reward we were promised for passing the mid-terms. But of course, I have my suspicions. This is obviously a ploy for something. If I'd have to make a guess, the first or even the second Special Exam will be taking place during the two weeks we're on this ship. Chabashira mentioned that Special Exams put multiple aspects of our skills and talents to the test. So what better place to test our other talents than on a privately owned island?

Horikita: You're looking like you've never seen the sea before, and shouldn't you be exploring the ship with all our other classmates?

Horikita came up to me after everyone left to explore the ship.

Kiyotaka: And what if I told you it is the first time I've ever seen the sea before?

Horikita: Then I would be surprised.

Kiyotaka: So it isn't normal to be new to the sea...

Horikita: Obviously, you didn't know that?

Horikita: You know. I just noticed this, but why are you being less annoying than usual?

Horikita asked, not being used to me dropping my facades.

Kiyotaka: Ouch! And as for your question. Our classmates aren't around, so I don't need a reason to fake it.

Horikita: I see... Now that we got an opportunity to talk like this. Why do you even put on a facade?

Kiyotaka: Sorry Horikita. But I would rather not speak about something personal at the moment.

Horikita: Very well. I apologize for asking about something sensitive.

She looks kind of pale now that I look at her closely... is she...?

She apologizes before I nod as we both enjoy the view in silence. Horikita's change has been subtle since I told her about her flaws. It's not noticeable to most people, but to me, someone who has to sit beside her almost every day, it's a thing I have to notice sooner or later.

Kikyo: Horikita-san! Can I borrow Kiyotaka for a bit?

Kikyo called us after she split from her group to borrow me.