Prologue

BANG!

Loud...Blood...There was so much blood...

"Mama...?" you said in a hushed whisper, remembering your mother's words from before.

"Love do not come out of your hiding spot, no matter what happens. Promise mama that you'll hide and win this game of hide n seek..."

Those words...

"Where are you Elaina~" The intruder purred. You clasped your mouth shut, afraid that even the slightest breath will help him find you.

"E~" Your breath hitched. Those black shoes stopped right in front of your face...

"Found you~" Your bed was flipped over. You screamed as the murder loaded his gun...

"Be a good girl, E~" he cooed.

"e~"

"E~"

"E!"

You jolted awake. Tears were rolling down your cheek as you frantically looked around. There was only the man beside you.

"It's okay E, just a nightmare..." Rowan answered, offering you a hug. You took up the offer and squeezed him, unable to do anything else but there in silence. "I know the close proximity causes this but here..." A letter...? "It came this evening..." He continued. You were still a little shaky from the dream, but you tenderly opened it. And sure enough, it's exactly what you thought it was. So, you quickly went to your desk and wrote a response.

________

From: Elaina Gabriella Glass

To: Valt Aoi

Hey Valt,

This is the last page!

I'll be there 2 days before school starts.

Can we meet at the park at around 5:00pm?

I'm so excited to see you but there is still so much to do before actually getting there.

Rowan's gonna help me with school enrollment and other bits of paperwork.

I also still have to finish this last contract which shouldn't take long.

Anyways, Beigoma Academy looks like an amazing school.

I can't wait!

Welp gotta go start the day.

From: Your Pen Pal,

EGG

_______________

Rowan: "Should we start with a bit of paperwork?"

Me: "Sure, let's see we can start with school registration..."

_____
...1 hour of paperwork later...
_____

"Ughhhh. Why is there so mucchhhh" You cried as you looked at the rest of the paperwork and plopped down on bed.

"Miss? Would you like me to take your letter to the post office?"

"That would be great Lily, thanks! ... Rowan?... Do you think Valt's gonna be happy to see me?

"Of course, he will." He takes off reading glasses and smirks. "Why?... Are you scared of meeting him?"

"Eh-hh! I'm not scared to meet him...Plus, I've faced scarier things."