First Day!

You awoke the next morning and went to get dressed. First day of school and you were planning to not draw attention to yourself, so comfy clothes day! You chose to walk out the house in a hoodie and a red polka dotted skirt and decided it was better to put your hair up in a pony tail since it was starting to get annoying. Reaching into your pocket, you felt cool metal come into contact with your hand. Giving it a gentle squeeze, you smiled. Ready for this Eclipse?

When you made it to the school. You quickly spotted a kid. Tall, blond hair, red top, and black jacket. The guy's got a sense of style and you appreciated it.  You took a deep breath. Alright, I got this!

"Um excuse me", you walked up to him, "I'm new here and I was wondering if you could help me get to class 3B?" Act normal! You've memorized where your classes were already but it would be weird if the new girl were to know too much. So you decided to take the safer route and act clueless.

"Hm?" He looked around before looking down. "Oh yeah sure newbie!" He motioned for you to follow him. "So how old are you?"

"9, I'm turning 10 in a bit." By the looks of things, he's older than you but you didn't want to jump to conclusions just because he was tall.

"Oh, well I'm 11 so I can't relate." Chill and laid back guy it seems. "Anyways, we're here." He points at a sign that says 3B. "See ya newbie!" You sighed, he left before you could even say thank you. Eh, I'm sure I'll see him again. You knocked on the door.

"Hello sir!" You walk into your homeroom with a smile and you were off

...

"Come on, there's a Bey Battle happening!" You saw a very excited classmate drag another out the classroom. Hmm, I guess I can go watch. You followed them, school was over but you didn't feel like going home just yet.

Homeroom wasn't that eventful, mostly just "get to know each other" activities. Things got interesting when you reached your first class, theatre. Everyone looked at you strangely...but there was one person that caught your eye. Ken Midori, a ventriloquist. You shared a few words with him, or rather, you spoke to his puppets, since you were placed into the same group for a first day assignment. You also felt the presence of another bey spirit, which Eclipse confirmed later when you sat behind him in your Japanese language and literature class. Most of your other classes are pretty much the same, go in, get stared at, introduce yourself, and then the lesson starts.

You shared Math with Valt and Shu, which you were ecstatic about. Valt was also in your Science class which was kind of concerning because the first day assignment involved a small non-chemical experiment, that Valt somehow messed up. The bubbly solution ended up getting all over him and it took the rest of class to clean everything up.

You made an enemy in your industrial arts class. You had tried to follow directions and accidentally bumped into him while getting materials, which gave him the opportunity to cause a scene. You tried apologizing but he said, "Listen I don't think you know who you're talking too..." and something else. In the end, he didn't accept the apology.

The class you just finished was called "Homemaking". Essentially, it teaches you how to cook, clean, etc. You were surprised to find that this was a required class here in Japan. This should really be incorporated into American school curriculums. It was not only a class that'll help you in the future but it's also practical. You and Shu were in the same class! It was made even better when  you were stationed right next to each other. He had to leave about 20 minutes before school ended, something about an interview... you couldn't really remember.

"ALLL RIGHT! Let's Do This Thing!" The sound of Valt's enthusiasm brought you back to the present. Oh lords have mercy... His opponent was the tall blond from earlier, you were slightly surprised since Eclipse didn't inform you of the bey spirit. You sighed but stayed to watch, it was your first time witnessing Valt battle so you didn't want to miss it. Valtryek was up against a stamina type by the looks of the blonde's launch. You focused your eyes on Valt