Emelia Glass

"It's been a while, Gabby."

That voice... You stopped in your tracks and spun around. Sure enough there was a blonde haired woman. There was no way you could ever forget her.

Breathe E...

"What do you want, Emelia."

You made sure to look her straight in the eyes. You were no longer the small 6 year old she traumatized, you were older and better now. You were going to stand your ground and make her back off from you if things escalate.

"Now now, that's no way to greet your sister after..." She started counting with her fingers, "3 years apart.."

You wanted to laugh at the irony of this situation.

"Step-sister." I corrected her. "And for your information, you Never treated me as your 'sister'. So what changed now? Finally found out that your 'Dearest Father' was a bastard?"

"You!"

You seemed to have struck a nerve, but you didn't care. There were countless other things you wanted to say to her but you needed your head to be clear in this situation. From the corner of your eye, you noticed another person had joined the party. The stench they gave off was more than enough to make you throw up but that wasn't the only issue of this uninvited individual.

"Ha, I guess you guys really did go through with the deal."

You laughed and stared at the uninvited guest. Sure enough, his eyes were empty of light. It made you sick just looking into that empty abyss.

"And what are you gonna do about it?" Emelia snapped her fingers, it was very clearly a command.

You watched as the man stumbled forward with his hands outstretched, a murderous gleam in his eyes that promised blood.

"Watch and you'll find out."

You extended your own hands outward, flexing your fingers. You were glad that the civilians were still inside the mall for all the other battles but that probably won't be for long. You rushed towards the infested corpse and summoned a dagger.

"Bye bye, Valg."

In one smooth motion, you angle the blade into its chest and set the corpse aflame. The quickest way to kill these creatures was fire or cutting off their heads, as you've learned from Aelin and Rowan. The look on Emelia's was priceless.

Someone probably lied to her...

"How dare you! I waited months for that thing!" She yelled. She hasn't even realized that she's given away valuable information.

Then that means that there's been issues with the deal or whoever this valg is isn't able to get their hands on enough corpses.

"Good then, it's better that they keep you waiting. I guess 'father' is finally teaching you some patience." I gave her a smile and walked away.

You could hear her cursing at you but it didn't matter, you had to report this back to Rowan and Aelin. You sent a message to Nika's tablet and promptly started running home. Traffic was normally bad during this time and you didn't have time to sit in it today. When you made it home, Rowan was sitting on the couch discussing something with Aelin. Lysandra and Aedion were on the opposite one enjoying some sweets and tea.

"Urgent Report!" I huffed out.

You were out of breath but you managed to get everyone's attention. Making sure the room was sealed, you convaded what you witnessed.

"So there really is a Valg Prince here..."

You watched as Rowan placed his hand on Aelin's, clearly trying to comfort the shaken queen.