Start of Valt's District Tournament

(Starting now the images above will showcase what I imagine the characters I create will look like and some fanart. I own none of the art, they were just found on Pinterest -- unless I credit it to be mine. Thank you!)

It was the day of Valt's district tournament. Due to your excitement and nervousness, you woke up before the crack of dawn. After pacing around your room for 10 minutes, you decided to train with Eclipse to see if you guys could progress your launch and maybe even create a move.

We're doing this, THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING?!

"Yes, yes, I know it's like 4 right now but I need the practice." You were fully dressed and ready for a bit of light training. Eclipse was trying to get you back into bed to at least get another hour or so of rest. You continue pestering Eclipse for this little bit of training.

God, you're impossible. Fine, ONE hour. Understood?

You nodded and quickly jumped into practicing. Your body was beginning to recognize your launching style, for now you just chose to use the basic crouch since most people started off that way and you were no exception. And because your body is now cooperating with you, your muscles aren't as tense whenever you launch.

"Let it. Rip!"

There were many little secrets you added in when making Eclipse and some were more hidden than others. You were trying to unlock a few neat tricks for whenever your district decided to start your tournament. But first things first, you needed a winning move. And after many hours rewatching your past training sessions, you've come up with a few ideas of moves to call your own.

"Alright Eclipse!" A purple-ish golden glow surrounded you and your partner, making Eclipse speed up to the point you could barely see the bey. "Comet Crash!"

Eclipse finished what seemed like the 5th lap around the outskirts of the stadium and charged for the middle. Of course, since there wasn't an opponent, Eclipse had to catch herself on the red line going around the stadium, directly across from where she was moments before.

Woooooo!

"Well, if this were a real battle, the strength of that would have probably bursted the bey if it hit in the right place. But if it doesn't, we would at least gain a bit of speed and the opponent would have stopped spinning right about..." You looked at Eclipse to see that she hasn't moved from her spot on the red line.

I'm defying gravity.

"Now...?" You weren't quite sure since you could only do so much mental math without any data. "But that doesn't mean you should stop moving Eclipse!" You huffed as you watched your bey continue its little battle against gravity. "Okay the next part of this is to just keep going forward." You instructed.

It took the entire hour to teach Eclipse from start to finish but the end results were amazing. The move you learned can be done going clockwise, but since you weren't sure what triggers counterclockwise, you didn't know if this'll work once you make the switch. So, you decided that you guys would perfect the move as it is right now and then slowly making it so that after blazing through the center, Eclipse is able to switch spin direction.

"How does that sound?"

Keeping others on their toes...I like it.

"But before any of that, we need a few more moves under our belt."

Oi! Your ONE hour of training is done. Rest!

"Yes Ma'am."

...

It was time. You arrived at the Bey Mall about 30 minutes early so that you could familiarize yourself with the space. Even though it was half an hour before the actual start, the place was already packed. I mean this is a big event, the WBBA is hosting it after all.