BSB: Elaina vs. ?

It didn't take that long for me to get to the venue area. When I first arrived, it was just a few workers setting up the stage and microphones. Now though as I'm stretching, I saw a few contestants who were getting out of their cars. I gave them a small smile and a polite wave as they passed me and went into the main building where there were private rooms. None of them, I recognized none of the other contestants. Maybe it was because they weren't as famous as I thought. Or they could be her friends....

They could be from there... Eclipse added in.

I nodded before pulling out my phone to check the time. I wanted to see all the contestants before grabbing a private room to practice but they were taking a while. I sighed but turned around and headed inside. I did my research on the place and apparently, regionals will be held here this year. I quickly began practicing the moment I got into a room.

...

"Welcome Beyblade Fans!" Emelia yelled excitedly into her microphone. "I would like to thank everyone for coming out and everyone tunning in. It truly means the world to me that you're all as enthusiastic for this as I am. I promise I won't disappoint this year. Also..." She gave a small twirl, "How do I look?"

I was sitting backstage with the rest of the contestants as I scanned the TV for any signs of my friends. Looking at the cheering crowd, I noticed that most of them were guys her age or older, which is expected since Emelia is indeed pretty. I spotted Valt, Shu, Honcho and the twins near the front. I smiled as I saw that Nika was being held up by Honcho. I took a deep breath before making my way to the right side of the stage.

"Aww!" Emelia gushed when she heard all the cheering. "How about we get this party started?" She gestured her hand to the right-side of the stage. "And from the right corner, welcome Elaina Whitethorn."

I winced when she put extra emphasis on my fake last name, but I recovered quickly and walked up to the stadium.

"And from the left, we have Nikki Sato!" Emelia announced.

I kept a smile on my face when Nikki walked up. I guess both of us were surprised since she was trying her best not to scowl at the sight of me. I gave her a wink before facing the crowd. Her smile faltered slightly as she did the same.

"Standard beyblade rules apply but.." Emelia smirked, "Your outfit and singing capabilities are also a deciding factor. So, in the end, it's up to the crowd to choose who moves onto the next round. Of course, your blading abilities are important too." She clapped and the lights dimmed in the audience. "Let us begin!"

"Ready Set!" The referee yelled at me, and Nikki clipped her bey to her launcher.

"3..."

"2.."

"1..."

I leveled my launcher with the stadium and took a dee breath.

"Let it... Rip!"

As soon as both beys hit the stadium, the music turned on. I stood up and bowed to the crowd. Ready Eclipse?

Always... Eclipse growled as she attacked Nikki's bey.

"Hello! Come in! Welcome to the freak show!" Nikki smirked at me as she took over the first little. "Take your seats but don't look out the windows~"

"The monsters like to jump of out the dark~" I picked up. "So, buckle up 'cause this is just the start."