Next Day

...

You felt sunlight kissing your face.

"Morning Miss!" Lily was gently probing out of sleep. After she was satisfied and sure that you were awake, she opened the windows and went to help pick out your outfit for the day.

You stifled a yawn and promptly got out of bed after checking your phone. 6:30!! "Crap." You swiftly jumped out of bed and rushed into the bathroom to brush your teeth. Rowan's going to kill me...

"Morning sleepy head, I hope you realize that you're about 10 minutes late to training." Rowan waltzed into your room and stood at the bathroom door. Well speak of the devil.

"Yep yep" You mumbled and proceeded to wash your face.

"Rowan Whitethorn, just why are you dragging that child out of bed this early in the morning?" A familiar female voice came through, sweet as honey but commanding. Aelin!

"When did you get here?!" You run over to give her a hug. Aelin, though a queen, was more like a mother to you. "This means everything is going well in Terrasen right?"

"Yes..." I guess everything's not fine then. That scent... You stifle a giggle and both of them stare at you. That scent was something you weren't really familiar with, but you knew it well enough after volunteering at a hospital when you were 8.

"So" You paused and walked over to her and whispered, "If things are going so well, when are the heirs coming?"

"E, cut it out!" Aelin laughed. You sighed and before you knew it Lysandra walked in. That lady has the ability to smell gossip from a mile away. Rowan excused himself from the conversation and also excused you from training after you stated that you had won the bet.

"So, what are we talking about?" Lysandra asked and plopped down on the edge of my bed and beckoned both me and Aelin and her to sit beside her.

"Just congratulating Aelin!" You giggled and plopped down. Lily brought in a platter of snacks for breakfast, so you helped yourself to a square of strawberry cake. Slowly nibbling on it, you turned your attention back onto the two ladies next to you.

"I still don't know what I've done to earn a congratulations." You threw her a look and waited until she figured it out. Seriously lady, you and Rowan, hellooooo. After almost an entire night. I can't believe you. You sighed. You slowly explained "You... and... Rowan..." then you made a motion with your arm. When she finally processed, Aelin went straight into screaming with glee and pulled me and Lysandra into a group hug.

"Can you explain what's going onn" Lysandra pinched your cheeks and gave them a squish.

"Aelin made out with Rowan last night, I also know what you did but that's another topic. The lady didn't even think about using a pregnancy test this morning and voila~" You paused and let her decipher the rest.

"Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius, why didn't you tell meeee!" This lasted a good five minutes. 5 minutes of laughter, tears of joy, and bullying Aelin for not thinking.

"So, how many?" Aelin asked you. You laid down on your bed and beckoned her to do the same.

"It's too early for me to tell. Give it a few more months. The best advice that I can give right now is to take care of yourself. And Fricken tell Rowan because even the gods don't know how he didn't notice earlier."

"Tell me what?" Rowan walked in. It looked like he wanted to talk about something but stumbled upon the conversation we were having.

"Well speak of the devil." You nudged Lysandra and she got the signal. You both walked out and left those two to talk. You bid farewell to Lysandra and excused yourself to meet up with Valt. She's gonna need time to process and also take a pregnancy test herself.

You left and ran to Valt's house. Although it was more of a jog, you made it there quite quickly.

Knock Knock

"Morning E!" Mrs. Aoi let you in and gave you a meat bun to eat while waiting. It didn't take very long since Valt basically flew out of bed the moment he realized you were here. You guys walked to the downtown area and explored for a good hour or two. You managed to also drop off your enrollment papers, now it was off to find your perfect bey.

"Where did you say we are gonna get my partner...?" You asked as you followed Valt down a quiet corner. The place seems long forgotten by everyone in town, cobwebs lined the streetlamps and long since discarded cardboard boxes littered the sidewalks.

"The place where I got Valtryek!" The twins also added that they also got their beys here. You guys stopped in front of a small hut. A little run down but it definitely felt alive, before you could start asking questions, Valt knocked on the door. After a few moments, you saw an old lady appear from behind the door.

"Ah hello young ones! Welcome, welcome. Please, come in..." The sweet lady motioned for you to come in. "I was awaiting your appearance, restless spirits told me of your coming..." She handed the twins a cookie and poured some tea. Staring into your eyes she asked, "So are you the one getting the Bey...?"

"Yes ma'am" You stuttered out. Having her look at you like, it made it seem that she was looking through your past, at the damage you've caused, and the title you've had to bear. Is there something wrong...?

"No" She broke the stare. And sipped her tea. Wha–?

"I'm sorry ma'am but 'no' to what exactly...?" You fumbled. A gust of air swept across the room while you guys sat there in silence.

"No Bey here will take you as their partner." You haven't really been paying attention to the "other" voices in the room but when the lady brought it up. You focused your attention onto the spirits. Whispers about your past and the title were the topic of conversation amongst the beys.

"I see..." You responded, a little disappointed at the outcome. Welp there goes the dream of getting another partner. Maybe it's better this wa—

"Let's make a Bey!" Valt shouted with glee.

"Not a bad idea. If the existing Beys don't want you, I say we create our own." Toko chipped in. You could see Nika liking the idea too. Both twins quickly pulled out their tablet and looked through designs of other beys. Valt quickly joined them. You sighed. I guess the council has decided.

...

Sorry this chapter was so short but it kind of bothered me that you guys haven't had any updates in a while.

See you guys in a few weeks!

Total words - 1165

"You've got a new story to write. And it looks nothing like your past" - Melody Glass (something she would say)