Valentines' Special

It was a peaceful Saturday. All blue skies and sunshine. I was out running errands since Rowan was busy with planning out a war. The birds were singing as I was happily munching on a candied apple with the twins. I ended up running into Toko and Nika at the candied fruit stand and got them each one. I found out that they were sent out for groceries so I offered to walk them home so that I could help. Along the way, we chatted about various things. Various things...

"You want me to do WHAT?!" I nearly dropped my candied apple and a few of their grocery bags.

The people around us stopped and stared for a bit before continuing on their day.

"A blind playdate!" Nika exclaimed happily.

"So basically, a blind date, but not." Toko added in. "We just wanted you to meet someone."

I felt the urge to smack myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. "But can't you guys come with me? Why does it have to be..."

I paused before finishing the sentence. The twins looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Pleaseee..." They pleaded.

I raised an eyebrow. "Do I know this person..?"

The twins nodded violently. I sighed but dropped the subject. Truth be told, I was starting to get curious. Did they set this up or was this a request..?

...

I got up the next day and walked into my closet to pick an outfit. Toko and Nika set the time for the afternoon and currently it was early morning. All they told me was to meet at the bey park. Rowan walked in on me an hour later still searching for clothes.

"What's gotten you all anxious?" Rowan asked, leaning by the door.

I shot him a look and sighed. "I'm looking for clothes. Did you need me for something?"

He shook his head. I mumbled for him to help me and explained the situation to him. He laughed after I finished my story, saying that I'll be fine before leaving.

"The audacity..." I mumbled under my breath.

It took another hour of searching before I was finally satisfied with the outfit I put together. I grabbed Eclipse off my desk and placed her in my pocket before I added a blue flower clip and was then called down for lunch.

Rowan gave a nod of approval before I headed out the door. That's a good sign...

It was another beautiful day. The breeze was gentle as I made my way to the bey park. I reached my hand into my pocket and traced the familiar edge of Eclipse.

You'll be fine... Eclipse grumbled. I'm surprised you agreed to this.

I sighed. "Well, I didn't want this person to keep bothering the twins. Plus, I got curious..."

I played around on my phone for a bit before I heard a voice call out my name. That sounds familiar..?

"Elaina! So glad you could make it!"

I squinted at the guy. My eyes adjusted and I could make out blonde hair and blue eyes. He was in a purple coat with a white dress shirt and black pants. I could faintly make out the red lines that ran up his leg.

He has a bey...

I nodded slightly at Eclipse's words. I was in denial that Wakyia Murasaki, the self-absorbed person who hates your guts in class, was the one that called you out here. I fake a smile as he got closer.

"Have you been waiting long?" He asked and pulled out a rose.

"No." I answered and he took the opportunity to grab my hand. "Look, if you're here to gain influence, you'd have better luck with Nikki. I heard she broke up with her stuck-up boyfriend."