Valt vs. Ken

"First Battle!" Honcho called out. I lowered myself into my stance.

Ready Eclipse? I stared at the stadium and then I glanced at Valt. Shall we try out Comet Crash now or is it too soon..?

"Ready... Set!

"Three..." I pushed out all thoughts.

"Two..."

"One..!"

"Let it... Rip!"

I pulled on my ripcord and Eclipse flew into the stadium with grace. Glad the practice paid off.

"Ready for it?" Valt asked enthusiastically. "Rush Launch!"

I just watched quietly as Valtryek tried hitting Eclipse. The beys kept missing each other because of the way I decided to tilt my launcher.

"Not gonna work Valt." I said and watched as Valtryek struggled to land a single hit on Eclipse. The poor blue bey started to spiral out of control and lost most of its stamina to the stadium walls. "Eclipse end it."

I watched as my bey sped towards Valtryek and bursted it. I sighed and looked at Valt. He gasped at the outcome.

"Burst Finish for Eclipse! Elaina scores 2 points for the win!" Honcho announced smugly before turning to Valt. "Your Rush Launch is a joke. Now you get that yesterday was a fluke. I feel so much better, don't you?"

"Honcho, that's harsh." I said and pieced Valtryek back together before handing him to Valt. "He just needs directions..."

"I don't believe it..." Valt says, still in a daze at what just happened.

I patted his back. I hope he understands Shu's words now. I stood there with Toko and Nika as we watched Valt.

"I can't believe we lost..." Valt muttered.

I glanced at Toko and Nika but they shook their heads. I sighed and stayed with them. Later on, I walked them home since I wanted to keep an eye on Valt. He looked defeated but this is normal, he needed to realize that winning won't always happen and he needs to accept both with grace and humility.

"I've never seen Valt look like this..." Toko said, breaking the silence.

"What do you think we can do to cheer him up..?" Nika asked, glancing up at me. I shook my head.

"Give him some time. He's still in processing mode..." I glanced at the blue haired boy. "After he's accepted this loss, I can help him with the training process..."

"Elaina, Toko, Nika... can I ask you something..?" Valt asked, suddenly stopping.

"What is it?" We asked in unison.

"Be honest. Was I that bad?" Valt asked. I saw Toko and Nika glance at each other.

"Mhm." They answered.

"Yes, Valt. I'm honestly a little disappointed that your ego inflated that much after one win." I said bluntly.

"Okay." Valt lifted his head and started sprinting. "What was I THINKING! Practice! Practice!" He huffed out.

We heard him shout, "I GOTTA PRACTICE!"

I smiled at Toko and Nika before running after their brother. I saw him by the river pulling on a rope tied to a tree, he also strapped a tire to his back. I sighed but reached into my bag for the spare water bottle that I carry around because Valt's bound to need it.

Do we need to be here? I heard Eclipse ask as I set her onto a towel.

Yes... I don't want him to overdo anything. Plus, it's safer this way... I watched as he moved onto push-ups. This went on for a good hour and a half. By now the sky had turned slightly darker. I heard Toko and Nika voices and I called out to them. I watched as they asked Valt to take them to a show that was being performed at the mall. I watched as they described the main character being a puppet that looks identical to Valt. Ah, Ken was talking about that yesterday...