Chapter 3

Darry's POV:

Ponyboy had been acting really weird today. He walked into the living room with pain and a look on his face that made me almost think he'd seen a ghost or something. And even when I tired to ask him what was wrong, he screamed at me and then I could tell he instantly regretted it. He looked at me with a pleading look and before I could react he ran to his room like the devil was after him. 

Me and the rest of the gang decided to let him blow off some steam while we ate. Nobody said a word, and then Soda quickly got up and went to Pony's room. Me and the gang were so confused.

"Whaddya think is goin' on with him?" Two-bit asked.

"I don't know Two. But whatever it is, it sure isn't good. He's never behaved like this." My thoughts were interrupted by screaming. It was so loud and intense. I ran into Pony's room and the gang followed closely behind. I threw open the door and was shocked by what I saw. 

Pony was screaming and in between screams he was sobbing. When he looked at me, I could tell something was wrong and he decided he wasn't going to stick around. Before me or any o the gang could react he started running out the window and he was running as fast as I'd ever seen him run.

"C'mon guys we have to get him where do you think he went?" I said.

"u-uhm maybe he went to the lot?" Johnny almost whispered and we started running after him.