Chapter 10

Darry's POV:

I'll never forget the look of pure terror in my brother's eyes as he fell asleep. He looked so terrified and all I wanted to do was to scoop him up and runaway with him to the house. I could tell that Soda knew this, because he grabbed my hand and looked up at me.

"It's for the best Dar. They are going to fix his appendix and make him healthy. He won't be mad at us because we didn't do anything to him. Don't stress too much." Soda said. Man that guy had a way with words. He knew just what to say to make me feel better, because he could tell how stressed out I was over this. 

Pony almost looked like he was at peace while he was sleeping. He slouched down onto the bed, making a slight hand movement. I stared with my eyes widened, worried that the medication hadn't worked and he'd woken up.

"It's normal. This happens sometimes when patients go under. Me and my associate will escort you back to your room while you wait. The procedure will take 2 hours, and we will notify you when we have finished." The doctor said with a smile as him and his 'associate' walked me and Soda back to the room. As soon as we walked in, the guys looked at us as if they had questions.

The guys started firing questions at me and Soda, and I could tell it was because they were worried about Pony. However, this didn't help Soda very much. I could tell he was stressed and he was about to break.

"ENOUGH. ONE AT A TIME PLEASE." Soda said as him and me exchanged looks. The gang was taken aback and Soda looked at them like he'd just seen a ghost. A tear trickled down his cheek as he took a step back.

"I-I'm sorry guys. I'm just stressed about Pony." Soda said while sniffling. I wanted to run to him and comfort him but I knew he would be embarrassed to be seen like that in the eyes of the gang.

"It's okay Soda. You're just stressed is all. Pony is gonna be fine he's stronger than we all think." Steve said as he comforted Soda. I could tell Soda was embarrassed, but I think he was more happy that the gang wasn't mad at him.

"On that note, you guys can ask whatever questions you want." Soda said confidently. I knew what questions they would ask, and I wanted to be ready for Soda if he needed help or got emotional.

"Was the kid okay? Did he fight it? How'd you guys get him to get the medicine? Was he scared? Did he try to run?" Two-bit asked the questions that were on everyone else's minds.

"Well......" Soda started.