Chapter 4

Pony's POV:

I was running as fast as I could. The gang was chasing after me but I'd lost them quickly. I decided to stop at the lot because if I'm being honest, I was nauseous and I had to catch my breath. I immediately started sobbing. Before I knew it I was shaking and I couldn't breath. I was having a panic attack. The guys ran up to the lot and saw me having a panic attack. Soda and Darry ran to me and engulfed me in hugs while I was panicking. For a brief moment I felt okay, I was being comforted and that was okay with me. However, that didn't last too long because I was snapped back to reality with a wave of panic.

"Hey hey hey Pone. Calm down. It's me Soda. It's okay. It's just us. Your family. The gang. You're okay we've got you."

"Hey Pony look at me I've got you." I was forced to stare into my eldest brother's icy pale eyes.

"I-I don't want you g-guys to s-see me like t-this r-right now." I said in between breaths and sobs.

"That's it Pone, just calm down." I was engulfed in a hug as Soda and Darry comforted me. I zoned out for a second. Just looking around watching people rub my hair, comfort me, make me feel okay. But it didn't last very long.

"Hey Pony we are going to talk now okay?" Darry said. I didn't want to talk to him but the guys were blocking my exit and the only chance I had was climbing up a tree. I ran in the opposite direction of the gang and climbed up just as high as I could to be sure that I was safe, and that they'd have a hard time getting me.

"I-I don't want to talk with you guys Darry, just get away from me I'm fine."

"Ponyboy Micheal Curtis, what the heck are you doing in a tree?" Darry said when I looked at the gang and saw the looks of disbelief on their faces.

"Hey Pone it's okay just calm down and get down from the tree. We can talk this out it'll all be okay it's just your brother Soda, don't worry honey."

Just then I slipped and fell out of the tree. Almost as if out of a movie, I fell right into Soda's arms. I buried my face in his chest while I sobbed and the guys watched closely.

"Pone it's alright I've got you, your okay don't you worry ole' Sodas got you."

"S-Soda?"

"Yes hun?"

"I don't want to talk with you guys. Please don't make me." I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Alright hun it's okay you don't have to but we just want to know what's wrong so we can fix it for ya that's all."

"B-but I don't want it fixed."

"Well why not Pone? We just want to help." Just then he began feeling around my stomach as I grabbed it in agony, feeling the pain course through my body. I groaned and when he released, I screamed and sobbed like my life depended on it.

"Hey Pone look at me it's alright just calm down." Darry look at me with worry before exchanging glances with Soda. I was able to calm down from sobbing uncontrollably, and I think at this point my brothers knew what was wrong with me.

"I know that you guys know what's wrong with me, but please don't take me to the hospital." I knew the guys were going to be confused because they had know idea of the raging storm inside me of panic and fear. I gathered all the courage I had and decided to just tell them because it would make this whole situation easier. Here goes nothing, I am gonna tell them, I thought as I felt like I wanted to die.