19. Not my problem?

Leo was a great help.

Well not really...

... seriously...

...why did he even come here?

"Is the pizza ready?"

Ah yes....the pizza, "For the love of turtles, can't you just keep still for about ten minutes?"

Leo sat cross legged on the counter, with his nose in a comic, "but I am hungry". Like Mikey, a whining child.

"The least you could do is help me fix this place" gesturing to the unicorns that bounce around. Blue shrugged turning one page, "My brother screwed up, not my problem".

"I didn't do it either, yet I have to clean this dump."

"You work here" was all he said.

In an instant, I grabbed his arm, pulling him off the counter. The comic was thrown across the room. He really got me on my bad side.

"Listen fancy pants" I held a pizza cutter in my hand, getting closer to Leo's face, "If you don't help me with this mess, not only will I call off our date, but will also go mental on your face."

Blue backed off, "okay, okay....soo...what shall I do?"

On finger.of.mine pointed at the unicorn smashing a plate, "Get rid of these pests".
He was close to protest, but seeing the pizza cutter getting closer, he obeyed.

Unaware that I had the time.of.my.live, seeding him jump after them. It was hilarious. Hard to believe that he was supposed to be a turtle as he acted like a frog mutated with a mantis.

No one expected the owner to arrive at this hour. Hueso had a bad feeling leaving me with the turtles, remembering the last few encounter. He shuddered at the memories, as well as his wallet.

Leo was completely covered in bruises, matching to his swollen face. I felt bad.for that guy, making him some extra pizza soup and bread to dip in. I had some leftovers, so why not?
He also likes the thought that we could have our date now than later. Although his appearance is not according to his plan to make a good impression, mine wasn't any better...covered with dort.and sweaty armpits.

"We sure are.going to remember our first date" he said, grinning cheeky.

I nodded with a smirk, "Yeah, we match perfectly when it comes to messing up our looks..."

Until a unicorn jumped into the bowl of soup, covering us entirely, "...at least we taste delicious."

"May I take a bite?"

Playfully I shoved him off, "No, bite yourself."

"Awww, but I am ready for dessert"

I giggled until my face dropped, "You better be...your dinner is moving along."

The unicorns escaped with his pizza.

"Oh no you don't!"

"Get it!"

"I am trying!" That stupid thing ent between the two chairs at the wall. Leo had to get his while arm inside to catch it.

"Just a little further"

Outside, Hueso heard us talk. Unfortunately he wasn't aware of the circumstance, listening to our argument.

"Leo, did you get it?"

"I can't reach it."

"How about reaching from there?"

"Y/N I know what I am doing?" He tried to get it from above, but that unicorn got out of his grasp, "It's too squishy, I can't grab on to it."

"Let me do it"

Leo snorted, "I can handle this myself."
That is, until he stopped moving, "Uhm Y/N?"

"yeah?"

"I'm stuck"

For this I had the perfect solution, "Here is some olive oil" rubbing it over his arm.

"I can move"

Helping him by pulling on his shell, his arm got out. The force was too strong, throwing him on me. Thankfully Leo moved aside, breathing hard, "there goes my pride and joy."

"There's a first time for everything...at least you know where your hand doesn't fit in" We both laughed at how dirty that sounded. But to a certain owner was this comment more concerning.

Including the damage his restaurant has taken by the time he left, " I hope you two have a good explaination for this."

"Ehm we..."

I stepped in, "...had his brothers here remember?"

He nodded, "but this place wasn't damaged until then."

"They did that later tonight."

"And you two?" Refering for us to be on the ground holding hands.

Leo took over, "My pizza got stolen..."

"...and then his arm got stuck..."

"She pulled and then we been on the floor."

Hueso raised a brow, "pizza...that pizza?"

We both looked behind us, seeing a damaged pizza on the table.

"But how?"

"Y/N, I know I said that you two can have your date in this place...but I assumed that nothing else was going to happen afterwards...at least I didn't expected to mention this at all."

It took a few minutes until Leo and I realized what he meant. Our faces were red in embarrassment while waving our hands at the same time, "It is not like that!"

Hueso shook his head at us, telling us to leave his place. Befor ethat we had to sign a contract that we have to get the money to repair his restaurant, which also included his brothers. We got away with a warning...and me losing my job.

Now back to he start I was tired, exhausted and dirty.

Leo however took it with humour, "Ready to continue at the lair?"

"I am not in the mood for those two-sided jokes Leo. I just want to go home."

As the gentleman he tries to be, he helped me get home. Or where it was supposed to be. At the door was the first obstacle...my keys didn't fit.

Puzzled I knocked on the door.

One of my neighbours came out, "Hey how can I help you Hun?"

"My keys don't work, I try to get inside."

She allowed me to enter, only to realize that this problem occured at my door. I tried several times until the door opened on its own. On the other side stood a guy in a t-shirt and shorts, "What are you doing at my door?"

"Your door?"

"Yes mine. This is my flat."

"But I live here"

He nodded now, "So you're the previous owner."

"Previous?"

"Bit slow aren't you? I got your stuff stored in the basement. Get it and then scram"

With that the door was slammed shut. Leo heard it all from the entrance, seeing me close to cry. He pulled me into a tight hug, staying liel this for a few minutes, not a single word was spoken.

Leo waited until I stopped sobbing, "You can stay at my place. Want me to help you move your stuff?"

I nodded thanking him quietly. Why is this happening to me?