Chapter 2

As I was shutting down my computer my phone blared it's familiar ringtone. I sighed and looked at the caller ID before clicking ignore. I don't want to talk to him ever again. I don't care if he apologizes, my cousin still blames his sister. "Who was it?" Felicity asked me. I looked up from the computer and saw Felicity standing there in a dress, hair curled, no contacts, and high heels.

"What are you dressed up for?" I asked her. She smiled a little before responding.

"Mr. Queen is having a party at his house. Why aren't you ready?" I gave her a confused look before Oliver Queen walked in.

"Felicity, are you ready to go?" He asked as he straightened his blue tie. I put my phone in my purse and started walking out.

"Have fun," I said and gave them a small smile. Oliver put his hand on my shoulder.

"You're not going?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"I'm not the party type. I'm a loner. Don't like people. I Never have and never will. Plus, my cousin's coming back from Florida. I want to spend time with her before she goes to Central City," I explained and walked out. Once I stepped in the elevator my phone rang, once again. I sighed and answered it, hoping Jake leaves me alone.

"What do you want, Jacob?" I asked. I could hear a bunch of talking in the background.

"Kat, it's Clarity. She's in a coma. She was struck by lightning. You need to get to Central City now," He told me. I gasped and nodded even though he can't see me.

"I-I'm on my way," I replied and hung up. I let the tears stream down my face as I hailed a cab.

"Where to, Miss?"

"Central City Hospital. Step on it." I leaned back in the seat and watched the Starling City scenery pass by. I was asleep when we reached the hospital.

I woke up to a bump in the road. I tossed the guy a hundred and raced in the hospital lobby.

"I'm here to see Clarity Parker. She was struck by lightning," I told the woman at the desk. She nodded and looked through some papers.

"Clarity Parker was just moved to S.T.A.R. Labs with one other patient, Barry Allen." I nodded and thanked her for the information before running to S.T.A.R. Labs. The address is implanted in my brain from visiting one of my friends there, Ronnie Raymond. Unfortunately, he died in the Particle Accelerator explosion. I walked in the cortex, greeted by Dr. Wells, Cisco, Caitlin, and two other people.

"Where's Clarity?" I asked them. Caitlin gestured over to a hospital bed to my right. My gaze followed her hand and I saw Clarity. She's so pale. She's like a ghost. Her hair is lighter than usual, probably from the bright lights. I watched as her chest moved up and down slowly with every breath she took. I noticed a guy on a bed next to her. His brown hair seemed to be perfect, despite the fact that their both in a coma. I sat down next to my cousin and took her icy cold hand in mine.

"Her and Barry were struck by lightning created by the Particle Accelerator. They've been in a coma for 4 months now. Her brother just got notice of her condition, giving the information to you," Cisco explained. I nodded, sniffling a little.

"How is she alive?" I asked him. They all exchanged glances before Caitlin piped up.

"We don't know...yet. Her cells, they're like nothing we've ever seen before. She should wake up soon. We just don't know when. We'll let you know when Clarity wakes up, though," Caitlin told me, giving me a small smile. What if she dies? If Clarity dies, I don't know what I'd do.

"Do you think she'll make it? I can't lose anyone else in my life. I've lost my parents, my little sister, Ronnie. I can't lose her. She's the only thing I have left," I whispered. Dr. Wells put his hand on mine. I looked into his eyes. They're colder than usual. It must be from all that he's lost.