Chapter 12

Alright, guys. Last chapter of "Purple Arrows". I'm in Tennessee and unfortunately leaving so I'll definitely be checking the notifications and views. Please comment and review what you think. "Shooting Arrows" will be out in October probably. Enjoy the last chapter of "Purple Arrows"!

Clarity Parker

My phone rang as I ran in the cortex. "Hello?" I asked.

"Is this Clarity Parker?" a male voice asked. "My name is Nicolas. Nicolas Parker. You need to get to Starling City. Like right now," he told me. I turned around and held the phone closer to my ear.

"Why? What happened?" I questioned.

"It's Katherine. I think she's dead," he replied. He started sobbing.

"Oh my gosh," I whispered. "I'll be right there. Hold on, Nick," I said before speeding away. I had seen the confused faces of my team as I sped away. It was a matter of minutes before I threw open the door to Katherine's apartment. "Nick?" I called out. I looked straight ahead of me and saw him crying over Katherine. Her head was in his lap. I ran over to him, kneeling down in front of Kat's lifeless body.

"Can you help her? Use your ability somehow?" he asked. I looked up at Nick.

"How do you know about that?" I asked as I checked her pulse. I was trying to keep him calm. He shrugged.

"I pieced it together after I found out about Katherine being Purple Arrow. You do know about that, right?" I nodded. No pulse. Shit. Shit. Shit! Katherine! I saw a bulge in her jacket pocket and pulled it out. It was a test tube. I studied it and saw a bit of leftover liquid. Tears filled my eyes.

"No. Kat, no," I whispered. Nick stared at the tube in my hands.

"What is it?" he asked me, taking the tube from my hands. I stroked Kat's cheek, brushing a strand of hair from her face. "Clarity," he said. I took in a sharp breath. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry," I said, choking back a sob. Tears streamed down Nick's face.

"No! No, she's not dead! She can't be! She promised me!" he yelled, slamming his fist on the floor. I rested my head on her chest, sobbing. I hugged Katherine's body, pulling her closer to me. I shook my head again and again.

I kept saying, "No. You promised both of us. Kat," while I continued to sob. My phone rang a few times, causing me to turn it on silent. It then vibrated on the floor more than 20 times.

"Who's Caitlin?" Nick asked. I screamed and chucked my phone across the room. Once it hit the wall it shattered into a million pieces and fell to the floor. Kat released herself from the League. It was all because of me.

"It's all my fault. I killed her, Nick. I killed Kat," I cried. He shook his head, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"You didn't kill her, Clar. Nyssa did."

"How do you know about her? About the League? Did Katherine tell you?" I questioned. He shook his head.

"No. Nyssa confronted me after school one day. She told me everything. Including the deal to let you out of the League of Assassins. It's not your fault, Clarity. It's Nyssa's. I'm gonna kill her." His expression hardened. Katherine's death will kill him. It will change him into something he's not. Just like my parents' deaths. Just like Wells did to me. Eddie. He's dead. Gone. I sobbed even harder. I sobbed for Kat, for Eddie, for Barry. I sobbed for me and my pathetic life. But I knew one thing. Oliver cannot know about Katherine's death.

"Nick, no one can know about Katherine. No one at all," I told him.

"How do we keep a secret like this? She was really close with Oliver. What about her team? We can't just cover this up, Clarity. This is my sister," he yelled. I nodded.

"I know. She was my sister, too. That's why I'm taking her place. People say we sound exactly alike. We're identical twins. I can move Sara in. I can take Kat's place. I learned a lot more than she knew in the League. I can take her place until we figure this out. I promise that I won't fail you. That I won't fail Oliver or Felicity. Or Diggle. I promise that I won't fail this city."

And that's it! I know, I know. It's really short. And sad. But I've had this planned since the beginning! It was rushed and a little on edge or however you would describe it. It's because the new seasons haven't started yet and I wrote this ending 7/22/15 at 10:34PM. Soooooo................yeah. Whoops! Can't wait for October 11 and 12, though! That's when TCL should be started back up. For like...one chapter. Or just crossover into this and ends after two or three chapters. The next book will be called "Shooting Arrows". It's pretty much about Clarity taking Kat's place as Purple Arrow...and stuff.