Chapter 4

I sang along quietly to some music when suddenly someone grabbed my arm. I jumped up and turned around, ready to beat the shit out of them when I realized it was just my little brother. I took off the purple headphones and glared at him. "What, Nick?" I snapped. He chuckled.

"Some guy is here for you. I think it's your boyfriend or something," he replied and walked away. I looked at him in confusion before opening the front door to see Oliver Queen. It was then I realized that I was only in a tight black tank top that stops above my belly button and short shorts.

"H-hey, Oliver. What's up?" I asked. He had an amused smile as he looked me up and down. "Oh shut up. It's my day off of work. Come on in," I told him and moved aside. He stepped in and walked over to the side table that holds pictures of the Parker family. He picked on up that has me, Nick, Jake, and Clarity in it. He set it back down before turning around to look at me. He had a small smile on his face. "And he shows emotion," I teased.

"Kat, you never told me that you have a brother. How old is he?" Oliver asked as he stared at Nick who was playing GTA V. I snorted.

"Old enough to get a job but is too lazy," I said loudly. Nick stuck up his middle finger and I rolled my eyes. Oliver chuckled. "Nick's 15. But also a pain in the ass," I added. Ollie (sounds cute) nodded.

"I came here to see if you wanted to join Thea and I for dinner," he told me. My eyes widened.

"Boyfriend!" Nick sang. I picked up an apple and chucked it at him, hitting him in the back of the head.

"Okay. I'll go. I have to get ready. What should I wear?" I asked him. He walked into my room and started going through my closet. "Sure, Oliver. You can totally go through my closet," I said sarcastically as walked in my own room. He opened a drawer and laughed before holding up a set of lingerie. I snatched it from him and threw it in the drawer. "My best friend bought it as a joke. She won't let me get rid of it. Why do I have to meet your sister?" I asked him.

"She thinks we're dating. You also have to bring Nick." I rolled my eyes and grabbed a simple t-shirt and blue jeans.

"Fine. One minute." I turned towards the doorway. "Nick! Turn off the fucking Xbox and get dressed! We're going out for dinner!" I yelled.

"Okay!" he screamed back and I heard the apartment go silent. I turned towards Oliver who had an eyebrow raised. "What? It's how we've always communicated," I said before shoving him out of my room and getting dressed.

When we walked in the loft Nick looked lost. "I thought you lost all of your money," he said. I smacked the back of his head. He turned around and smacked me. I smacked him back. It was a slap fight until Oliver grabbed both of our arms.

"Stop it. You both are acting like kids. And I did, but Thea inherited Malcolm Merlin's money because she's his daughter. Long story," he explained. Thea walked out from a room and held a bottle of wine.

"I found an amazing wine. It was still packed up." She looked up and saw Nick and I standing there, Oliver grabbing our arms. He dropped them and smiled.

"Amazing, Speedy. Should we start eating now?" She shrugged and nodded, gesturing for us to follow her to the table.

"So, how did you two love birds meet?" Thea asked as I took a bite of my chicken. I practically choked on the piece of chicken. Oliver's face was bright red. Nick snickered.

"We're not together," Oliver said. I shook my head.

"Oh no. I got a job for QC right before Ray Palmer took over. Oliver has another love interest," I explained. He looked to me and shot me a death glare. Thea raised an eyebrow. "I mean...I think he does?" Nick burst out laughing. "Nick, I will stab you right now. Shut up," I hissed. He stopped laughing and his smile fell. Oliver and Thea had amused smiles on their faces.

"So. Nick," Thea started. "Do you still live with your parents?" He shook his head.

"Nah. Mom and Dad died when I was baby. Kat was actually 11 years old when it happened. Dad was killed in the line of duty," he told her. She nodded.

"He was a cop? That's cool. What do you want to do when you get out of highschool?" He just shrugged.

"I know what Nick wants to do," I started. "Ever since he was three he was convinced he'd become a superhero. Run real fast or something," I teased. It was true. Oliver chuckled.

"We already have two people doing that, Bud," Oliver told him. I smiled and looked to Oliver. And we know them both. One being my cousin.

"Speaking of Central City, have we heard from Cousin Clarity or Cousin Barry?" Nick asked me. Oliver gave me a confused look when Nick said 'Cousin Barry'.

"Um...a little. They've both waken up from the comas, actually. I visited Clar awhile ago." I directed my attention to Ollie. "Barry was always like a cousin to Nick when he was little. Barry was about a year or two old when our father was killed. Barry's mother was killed around that time, too. Along with my Uncle," I explained. Thea nodded and changed the subject, noticing the tension in the air.

I walked in my apartment with Oliver next to me, Nick racing to his room. "Thank you for inviting us. Sorry about Nick. He's trouble," I told Oliver. He smiled and nodded.

"I can tell. But Nicolas is always welcome. Thea likes him. Lots of energy. I think it reminds her of us as kids. But thank you for coming. Thea really appreciated it. And sorry about the awkwardness at the beginning of dinner. Thea didn't know we're just friends," he explained. I nodded.

"Oh, it's fine. People used to assume I was dating whatever guy I was friends with. I'm used to it. Well, you better get back to Thea," I told him. He nodded and started walking away. "Oh, and Oliver?" I called out. He stopped and turned around. "Good luck with Felicity. You two really like each other. Don't let your job stop you," I said and closed the door, leaving him in the hallway.

"Who's Felicity?" Nick asked me. I jumped at his sudden question and saw him eating a cookie. I scowled and snatched the cookies and glass of milk from him. "Hey," he whined.

"No sweets before bed. And she's a friend of ours," I replied. He rolled his eyes and went off to bed. What a long night.