Chapter 1

So this story was previously written, saved as a draft, and later published like some stories. It will intertwine with my fanfiction 'In a Flash' and will be updated as much as possible according to schedule. This too, will have to wait until the Secret's Series is finished or until the upcoming story, 'Chase's Destiny', a Lab Rats Fanfiction, is finished or put on hold. Well, here's chapter 1

****

As I walked down the streets of Starling City, my green eyes took in the new surroundings. I could hear police sirens wailing in the distance, dogs barking, children laughing and playing, footsteps pounding on the grey pavement, and of course, my music, blaring from my purple headphones. "Hear Me" By Imagine Dragons. One of my favorite songs of all times. I let the wind blow my blonde hair behind me.

I've said it before, I won't say it again. Love is a game to you, it's not pretend. Maybe if I fall asleep, I won't breathe right. Can nobody hear me? I got a lot that's on my mind. I cannot breathe, can you hear it too?

I walked up to the rundown apartment building, my music still blaring from my headphones. Once I entered apartment 531 my phone rang, interrupting my music. "Hello?" I asked as I set my keys on the table.

"Katherine Parker?" a male voice asked. I cringed at my full name.

"Yes," I replied.

"My name is Oliver Queen. You applied for a job here at Queen Consolidated. Am I right?" he asked me.

"I did." I nodded. I kept listening.

"Well I'd like to tell you that you got the job. You start tomorrow at 8:00am," he replied. I grinned, happy that I got the job.

"Okay, thank you. I'll be there," I said and hung up.

I woke up, hopped in the shower, and got ready. I grabbed my keys and raced out the door. I pulled the headphones on as I ran, needing something other than the sound of cars. When I made it to Queen Consolidated I had already finished half of my playlist. I shut off my phone, took off the headphones, and put them in my purse. "Katherine Parker?" s girl with blonde hair and glasses asked me. I nodded. "I'm Felicity Smoak. Follow me." She smiled and led me up to Oliver's office. When I stepped inside, I took in my surroundings, getting familiar with the office.

"Ms. Parker, glad you could make it," Mr. Queen said. I smiled and nodded.

"Didn't want to be late," I joked lightly. He nodded while Felicity stood there.

"So Felicity will show you the ropes and then you can get started," he told me, flashing a million dollar smile. I nodded and followed Felicity to another room.

"So I read you went to Tennessee State," Felicity said, trying to make conversation.

"I did. I majored in business, technology, and a lot of science majors," I replied. She nodded and walked into an office.

"This is where our desks are. We're both secretaries for Mr. Queen. My desk is right next to you. Pretty much you do what he asks. If he wants coffee, get him coffee. Got it?" she asked me. I nodded and she left, leaving me standing near my desk. Oh boy. This is gonna be a long day.

****

Yay? Nay? Tell me what you think by commenting below. Comment, Vote, and Read! Well, you already read it but, Read my other fanfics and stories. Until Chapter 2!

~Kay