Chapter 3

"Use your hips, Kat," Oliver told me while I threw the punch. I swung, turning my hips a little. I landed a punch to his jaw, making him stumble back a little. He regained balance quickly and went for a punch to my side, but I blocked it by somersaulting out of the way and jumping back up. "Impressive," he said while smirking. I smiled and faked throwing a punch at him before flipping him. He landed on the ground with a loud 'thud.'

"Nice," Diggle said, enjoying watching Oliver get his ass kicked by a girl. Oliver stood up.

"Where'd you learn to fight?" he asked me. I shrugged.

"My father was a cop. I learned from him," I said. Oliver nodded.

"Was?" Felicity questioned. My face fell. "Oh," she said. I nodded.

"He, um, he was killed on duty when I was 11. Ironic because on that same day, my Aunt and Uncle were killed. So was their baby girl. But the other two kids survived. Clarity and Jake Parker," I explained. Oliver looked over to me.

"Clarity Kay Parker?" I nodded. "I know her. I trained her, actually. Right before Barry came here. She's a fighter. I heard she's in a coma along with Barry Allen," he said. I leaned against the table and nodded.

"She's definitely a fighter. After her parents were murdered her brother wouldn't take her in. He was 18. He was old enough to take care of her but decided to live in Starling after. She ended up being put in foster care. Like me and my little brother. My mom passed away during childbirth. And that's my story. The invisible orphaned nerd," I explained. They all nodded and quickly went back to what they were doing to avoid the subject. Oliver handed me a box. I just stared at him.

"Aren't you gonna open it?" he asked me. I laughed lightly.

"I'm afraid something might pop out and kill me," I joked. He laughed and rolled his eyes."I promise it won't kill you. Although I can't say the same for other people," he replied, adding the last part under his breath. I set it on the table and began opening it, giving Oliver an unsure look. It revealed a purple bow and sheath of arrows sitting on top of an outfit. It's exactly like Oliver's, just purple. I held the bow in my hand, trying to take it all in. I was speechless. "A simple 'thank you' would be nice," he joked. I grinned and set the bow down before throwing my arms around him. He tensed at the sudden gesture but slowly relaxed and hugged me back. "So you like it?" he asked.

"Like it? No." His face fell. "Love it? Yes! Thank you!" I squealed. Felicity and Diggle laughed just as Roy walked in. He raised an eyebrow and made a confused look while pointing to Oliver and I.

"Don't ask," Felicity said, waving it off. Roy nodded and sat down.

"So what's on our agenda today?" Roy asked. Oliver shrugged and sat down next to me.

"We'll wing it and go with the flow. Sound good?" We all nodded in reply. I studied the bow before picking it up and feeling its weight in my grasp. I lifted it up and down for a few seconds before turning it over.

"Where'd you learn to shoot?" Roy asked me. I looked up, my icy blue eyes staring at him. Wow. He's kinda hot."My cousin, Clarity," I replied before looking back at the purple piece of metal. Roy nodded and searched his pockets for his ringing phone. He walked away to answer it. Suddenly my phone blared the familiar ringtone of 'Better in Stereo'.

"Is that Disney Channel?" Oliver asked me. My face turned bright red. I gasped and a hand flew over my mouth when I saw the caller ID.

"Clarity?" I asked right after I pressed the green button. She laughed.

"Hey, Kat. How's it going?" she asked me. I squealed and jumped up.

"You're awake!" I exclaimed. Diggle jumped slightly at my sudden outburst of happiness. Felicity's eyes were wide with shock. I could practically see Clar smile. "Is Barry awake?" I whispered.

"Barry? Barry Allen? He was struck by lightning?" she questioned. I frowned.

"He was on another bed next to yours, Clar," I replied.

"No. I was in some weird isolated room. It wasn't like a lab or anything. It was like a hospital room in S.T.A.R. Labs. I haven't seen Barry since I was transferred to Florida," she told me. We continued on conversation until she had to go to look for jobs. She ended up living in Uncle Danny's old apartment that he's always owned. Once I hung up, I saw that Oliver had an amused smile on his face.

"What?" I asked. He just laughed and shook his head.

"Disney? Really?" I rolled my eyes and shrugged.

"We're like twins," I muttered. 'Like' was a lie. 'Are' is the truth.