Chapter 11

A Few Months Later...

I stood outside the cortex of S.T.A.R. Labs. I had followed Clarity back, making sure she'd stay. In order for me to do that I had to strike a deal with the Demon. To let her go, I had to stay forever. But he doesn't know what I'm actually doing. Only Maseo does. Oliver had no choice in my plan. "Stop worrying. I'm fine and I'm leaving," I heard Clarity say. She turned to walk out when I stepped in the doorway of the Cortex, arms crossed over my chest.

"Yeah. You're not going anywhere," I told her.

"Ra's, please. You have to at least consider it," I pleaded as I followed him down the hall. He stopped and turned to stare at me.

"Katerina, what you are asking for is against the laws of the League," he responded. I stared him in the eyes.

"You let Ta-er Al-sahfer, also known as Sara Lance, go. You let her out of the league. Please. Just do the same with Clarity. I will pay the price. Whatever it is, I will pay it. Just please, Ra's, I'm begging you. Let her go," I explained. He thought about it for a moment before nodding.

"Fine. She can go." I grinned. "But your price is marriage. You have to marry Al Sah-him," he replied. I nodded, accepting my price.

"Okay. Can I trust your word?"

"Yes. Can I trust yours?"

"Yes." He walked away from me, leaving me standing in the hall. I have to marry Oliver. Felicity, my conscious whispered. I'm betraying Felicity, my best friend. But this is for Clarity, right? Not for me. I'm letting Clarity have her life back. Even though she's changed too much, she's still Clarity Parker. Not Clarity Al Ghul.

"Hey," I whispered with a small smile as I stepped into Oliver's room. He looked up from staring at the sword in front of him.

"Hi, Katerina." I rolled my eyes at my name a little bit before closing the door behind me.

"Listen, you love Felicity, right?" I whispered so low that he could barely hear me. He nodded. We've been putting up this charade for awhile now. "Then do this for her. Not me."

"I don't understand," he whispered back. I sighed.

"In order to let Clarity out of the league, I had to pay a price. I have to marry you. But I know a way out. A way that will let you be free." Truth be told, I had lost my feelings for Oliver in the time that he's been here. And I know that he had small feelings for me, but they somehow clouded his mind, blocking out Felicity. Oliver doesn't know the actual price I have to pay. And I plan to keep it that way.

I returned to Nanda Parbat later that week. This is the last thing I need to do. It won't take place with me next to Oliver tomorrow, but with Nyssa next to him. Nyssa will marry Oliver. "Katerina," I heard him call out. I turned around and saw Oliver approaching me. I kneeled. He forced me back up. "Where have you been?"

"Central City. I had to make sure she stayed so that this wouldn't be for nothing. I also went to Starling. To say goodbye to him," I replied. He stared at me in confusion. "To say goodbye to Nicolas for good."

"What? I thought you already did. I don't understand," he told me. I shrugged.

"You will soon, Oliver. Just know that you are not Al Sah-him. And you won't be Ra's. I am going to find a way out of this. For Felicity." I gave him a hug before walking away. I could sense Maseo watching me. I nodded his way and took the test tube of the snake venom. I kept walking towards Ra's.

"What have you done?" he yelled. I smirked.

"You know exactly what I've done, Ra's," I hissed.

"We had a deal. You said that you wouldn't do anything but let her go. You broke your word!" He shouted. I nodded.

"Yes, I did. Haven't you ever heard the saying 'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'? This time I kept my family close, but my enemies closer. You are not my family, Ra's Al Ghul, but my enemy. And I have done my part in my life. I have betrayed no one. It looks like I've won," I explained. When making sure Clarity stayed in Central City, I had done what no one expected to do. "I, Katerina Al Ghul, release myself from the League of Assassins." I walked out of the room before he could see the effects of what I did to myself. I made sure to have enough time to return to Starling before the venom did its job.

I walked in the apartment, stumbling a little as I did so. Nick turned around. "Katherine?" he questioned. He set down his controller and ran over to me. I stumbled and fell to my knees on the floor. "Katherine? What's wrong?" he asked. Fear took over his gaze.

"I'm sorry, Nick. I love you."

"Kat?" Tears were streaming down his face as he stared at me. He set my head on his knees. "Kat," he whispered. I felt the darkness trying to take me. I gasped for breath before looking at Nick one last time. I let the darkness engulf me.

I know it's been very confusing and the episodes and timelines are jumping around but I had to rush to finish this. There's one last chapter before the second story. The second story won't be written or published until after 'The Clarity of Lies'. The reason is that Clarity is a big part of the second book of this fanfiction and I need 'The Clarity of Lies' to end. Sorry these three fanfictions have been very, very, very, very confusing. I haven't been a big fan of them either. But...um...hopefully the second one will be better. It will take place in Season 4 of Arrow and Season 2 of The Flash. 'The Clarity of Lies' will take place a bit in Season 2 of The Flash before that ends and this starts. Also, if you haven't read those two fanfictions, I suggest you do because you'll need to in order to understand a lot of this. Or some. Sorry it hasn't been much of an Arrow fanfiction. Anyways, one last chapter.

~Ashley