Chapter 7

I laughed as Barry, Iris, and Clarity lie on the floor. "Not funny, Katherine," Clarity whined. I laughed even harder. I had accidentally spilled the bucket of water in the shop when went to mop. They ran over to me to tell me something when they slipped, leading us up to this moment. I heard the click of heels behind me.

"Katherine, what did you do?" my mother asked, placing her hands on her hips. My smile fell. Uh-oh. Barry tried hiding his laugh, but failed. I slowly turned around and saw the glare from my mother's brown eyes while her hands were planted on her hips.

"Mommy, it tipped and spilled. They came running over and ended up slipping," I replied truthfully. She shook her head and helped my two friends and my cousin up.

"So you don't help them up? What's gotten into you, Katherine?" She shook her head in disappointment. I frowned. I hate when I disappoint her. It's never even my whole fault when I do. Disappoint her, I mean. I stomped away, my arms crossed over my chest like a stubborn five year old. I'm only 11. What do I know? Suddenly a few officers walked in the small store.

"Hi. Is Megan Parker here?" he asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah. Follow me," I replied and started walking to my mother. I tapped her on the shoulder as she cleaned up the mess I made. "Mom, some officers are here to talk to you," I told her. She turned around. The officers removed their hats. I shook my head. "No," I whispered.

"We're so sorry, but your husband has been killed in the line of duty. He was shot. We're sorry for your loss, Mrs. Parker," the second officer told us. Tears streamed down my face before I ran out of the store. Mr. Allen had already come to pick up Clarity and Barry to take them home. I ran out of the store and down the street. My feet pounded on the grey pavement as my blonde hair flew behind me in the wind.

I smile slightly as I stared at the picture of my mother and father. Except there was something off about my mother. "Kat!" I heard Nick shout. I rolled my eyes and set the picture down.

"What?" I asked softly, groaning in exhaustion. I just got home from doing my job as a Vigilante. I glanced at the TV. The drawing of Oliver in his Arrow outfit was on the screen along with a picture of me on the roof of a building. The picture was too far away to make out my face or hair anyways. Nick came out from his room.

"Can I go to-"

"No. You're grounded," I interrupted. He held his hands up.

"Tomorrow is take your kid to work day. I was wondering if I could go to work with you tomorrow," he replied. I sighed and thought about it.

"You're not my kid, you're my little brother. So no." He stared at me in disbelief. "My job is boring, Nick. And you're going to school. End of story," I scolded. He scowled and stomped back to his room. I can't believe I even had to think about it. My phone shrilled, and I glanced at the screen.

Queenie

I chuckled at the name I put in my phone for him before answering. "Hello?"

"Hey, Katherine. We need your help." I hung up and grabbed my keys, racing to Arrow HQ.

2 Months Later...

"Go to the left," Felicity told me in the earpiece as I wandered down the halls of a large building. I obeyed and took a left, stopping in front of a door.

"It's a dead end," I replied, my voice modulator making my voice lower. I heard Felicity sigh. I stepped back and drew my bow, aiming at the keypad to open the door. When the sparks flew, the door swung open. I made my way through the doorway and stopped, looking over the room. "Holy shit," I muttered.