Chapter 9

Barry smiled at Oliver and I as Oliver shot the arrow up. Oliver wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me up with him. He tends to do that for some reason. I think it's because of our relationship. We have a brotherly-sisterly relationship. I guess we just feel the need to protect each other. I saw two streaks speed past us as we rode Oliver's motorcycle back to the hideout where Felicity and Diggle were. We finally stopped and got off, putting down the kickstand. I sprinted to Clarity and wrapped her in a hug. "There are two of you," Diggle said, staring at us with his mouth open.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked. Clarity giggled.

"He's in shock from Barry and I. He didn't believe them about our speed," Clarity explained. I nodded. "So what are you guys doing here?" she chirped. Felicity grabbed her purse.

"We are here on a lead." A lead I wasn't aware of.

"Come again?" I asked this time. They all exchanged glances before I glared at Oliver. "Why didn't you tell me this? Is it that I'm not ready?" I asked. Oliver cleared his throat, looking me in the eyes.

"Not now, Kat," he whispered. I scowled.

"No. We're talking about this right now! Why wasn't I informed of this?" I yelled. Clarity and Barry stared at us.

"Are they dating?" I heard Barry whisper to Clarity. She shrugged and I saw Felicity and Diggle shake their heads. Barry nodded.

"It's not that big of a deal, Kat. I don't see why you're upset. You're dealing with your brother and I didn't want to put more work on your shoulders," he defended. More like lied. I went to punch him but he grabbed my fist. When I went to punch him with my left hand he grabbed that fist, too. I struggled to get out of grasp.

"Let me go!" I whined. I was angry, yes. But I don't understand why he didn't inform me.

"Drop it," he whispered in my ear before letting my hands go. I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest like a five year old. Clarity giggled and I sent her a death glare, instantly shutting her up. While Barry babbled on about Australia, kangaroos, and boomerangs, I kept glaring at Ollie. Correction: Oliver. When I finally listened back to the conversation Felicity and Barry were gone and a red streak zipped down the road.

"Why wasn't I informed?" Oliver groaned.

"Kat, please just drop it," he begged. I was getting on his nerves. Good.

"Oliver, you don't know how much this bugs me. I want to know why I wasn't informed of this lead. I can handle this job, my actual job, and my brother. Nick isn't that much work," I explained. Clarity looked at Oliver with pleading eyes. He shook his head.

"She needs to know sooner or later," Clarity whispered. Oliver muttered something in her ear. "Ollie, tell her." What was this about?

"Clarity, no," he hissed. She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him. When that didn't work she gave him the famous puppy dog eyes. "No," he said sternly. She scowled.

"Damn you. It always works on Barry," she grumbled. Diggle chuckled. Clarity zipped away, probably to S.T.A.R. Labs.

"Oliver," I whined and stomped my foot. He rolled his eyes and walked away, leaving me standing there. "This isn't over!" I called out after him. What could he possibly be hiding from me? I sighed and turned to Diggle.

"Don't know, don't care. Don't question it, Kat," Diggle said before eating a fry. Clarity zipped back before grabbing my arm and zipping away again, dragging me along. I screamed the whole time until we stopped in front of S.T.A.R. Labs a minute or two later.

"They don't know who I am!" I hissed. She shrugged as continued to pull me in the building. As we walked to the cortex I could see the damage from the Particle Accelerator. There was a cage that was broken with a license plate that said Grodd. I stared at it in confusion before running forward to catch up with Clarity. I had my bow in my hand and my hood and mask up and on. The only thing that could give me away was the hair and/or eyes.