𝟎𝟖 THE BODY AND THE SECOND VICTIM

▎⌕ November 11, 1983 ¦ 8:50 pm꒷꒦

▎⌕ November 11, 1983 8:50 pm꒷꒦

    YEONJUN HID HIS FACE BEHIND HIS binder, which was filled with nothing but mischief. His eyes twinkled as he glanced at his friends who were holding their breaths, anticipation was high in the air — The Party was in the middle of their six-hour dungeons and dragons campaign. "Something's coming," he spoke lowly, "Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here." He narrated with complete focus causing everyone to gulp.

"What is it?" Taehyun leaned forward turning a slight pale hue as fear crept up his body.

Kai shuddered beside him his blonde hair ruffling at his movement, "What if it's the demogorgon?" He questioned with worry. Taehyun threw himself back at his friend's words, his back hitting the chair in fright. "Oh Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon!"

Soobin rolled his eyes, "It's not the demogorgon." He stated with confidence.

Yeonjun jumps forward in his seat, "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" He exclaimed grabbing a handful of figures and slamming them on the board to which Taehyun sighed in relief.

"Troglodytes?" Kai chuckled, his worried expression instantly dropping.

"Told ya." Soobin remarked as everyone let out chuckles and Kai proceeded to let out his infamous dolphin laugh causing everyone to explode even more.

"Wait..." Yeonjun suddenly paused his eyes tracing down each boy, "Do you hear that?" He looked around the room anxiously, suspense growing by the second as everyone clamped their mouths shut. "Boom... boom... boom!" His friends flinched as he slammed his hands on the table. Taehyun's eyes went wide with worry, "That didn't come from the troglodytes, no. That came from something else."

Beomgyu chewed on his lip. "Shit."

Yeonjun grabbed another figure slamming it on the center of the board. "The demogorgon!"

Kai's arms flew in the air, "We're in deep shit!" He cried, grabbing strands of his hair in stress.

Yeonjun's hand went flying in Taehyun's direction. He pointed, "Taehyun, your action!" He calls out the frantic boy.

"I-I don't know!" He panics, looking at the rest of the group for help his eyes growing wider.

"Fireball him!" Soobin yells.

"Do it!" Beomgyu seconded the notion to attack the creature.

"I'd have to roll a thirteen or higher," he states shaking his head the situation growing dire by the second.

Kai quickly interjected, "Too risky." He waved a finger in the air. "Cast a protection spell, Taehyun."

"Don't be a pussy," Soobin loudly disagreed, "Fireball him!"