𝟎𝟗 GIRL IN THE WOODS

▎⌕ November 12, 1983 ¦ 9:50 pm꒷꒦

▎⌕ November 12, 1983 9:50 pm꒷꒦

    LISA SHIFTED HER BODY ON THE SATIN COUCH causing her head to slip from resting on her knuckles. She jerked her head upward blinking as her eyes adjusted to the darkness she was encased in. "Help!" She heard someone shout in the distance making her carefully rub her eyes as her bruises were still pulsating in pain. In mere moments she realized just how empty, like an endless void, her living room was. Except there were no indications that she was inside her home it was just her and the old couch she was sleeping on. Furrowing her brows Lisa lifted herself off the couch her feet making contact with wetness causing her to jump in her step. Water? She let out a relieved breath, it was just water. "Someone— stay back!" She heard it again, screams of pure terror.

Tightening her brows together Lisa walked in the direction she heard the shouts coming from. Curiosity got the best of her at that moment as she slowly traveled through the shallow water. "Is anyone there!" She yelled after noticing that the screaming had stopped. It was quiet, too quiet for her liking as the only thing she could hear was the water moving with her bare feet. Crunch. Lisa halted mid-way from continuing her path as the sound of bones crushing under immense pressure resonated throughout the cold air. Slice. Sounds of skin ripping open echoed in her ears making Lisa pale with fright as she stood frozen feeling herself losing balance as her right leg was suspended in midair.

Closing her eyes Lisa carefully lowered her leg trying her hardest not to make any noise as her foot entered the cold water. Gulping Lisa turned her head to face the strange creature she had seen before in her dreams. Oh fuck. A gasp entered her throat as she noticed the creature feasting on a human body, whose she couldn't tell. Red. That's all she saw, lots of red going everywhere as the lanky grey creature helped itself to the poor person in front of it. Lisa unconsciously took a step back fearful for her life as she clasped her hand over her mouth scared she would scream any second.

The creature halted from continuing its feast as the sound of Lisa's movement in the water didn't go unnoticed by it. Quickly it faced Lisa opening its five petal-like slits revealing its jagged rows of teeth covered in blood, flesh, and saliva. It roared in anger making Lisa scream into her palm. Gasp. Lisa jolted from her sleep a loud gasp leaving her dry lips as her chest heaved up and down. Her eyes darted around the dimly lit room as she tried to see if she was really home. Beep. Her gaze followed the noise noticing the digital clock which had the number ten pm flash in red. Lisa let out a deep long sigh as she threw herself back into the couch relieving her heart from the shock she just experienced.

Bring. The yellow house phone rang making Lisa jump as she still was shaken. Taking a slow breath in she walked toward it. "Hello, this is Lisa Reed speaking."

"Lisa!" A loud shout made Lisa wince and yank the phone away from her ear. "Holy shit why weren't you at school today! I had something really important to tell you." Jennie scolded through the phone.