𝟏𝟓 THE UPSIDE DOWN

▎⌕ November 17, 1983 ¦ 9:50 pm꒷꒦

▎⌕ November 17, 1983 9:50 pm꒷꒦

JENNIE WAS BLINDED BY A FLASH OF WHITE as she looked up at the blazing light. Briefly covering her eyes with her hands she felt the aching pain subside causing her to breathe in relief. Retracting her palms she finally noticed how tiny they were making her realize she was in a memory. "Seven." A soft voice called out just beside her causing Jennie to turn her head to the side.

Jennie blinked as the child's face was completely distorted blocking her from recognizing who it was. "Yes, Eleven." She instinctively answered back almost robotically which startled her.

"Will you stay with me?" The younger girl twiddled her thumbs. "Papa gets scary when I don't finish the game." She continued in a hushed tone almost like her voice was a minuscule away from being nonexistent.

Jennie clasped her small hand over the girl's. "I promise I won't leave your side until you finish." She held out her pinky allowing the young girl to intertwine their fingers. Jennie smiled hearing the angelic giggles escaping from the small child.

Suddenly the metal door was pushed open and a group of uniformed men marched inside roughly pulling the two girls apart instantly causing them to cry out in distress. "Take Seven to the training room, now!" Dr. Byun ordered the men who quickly did as they were told and dragged the screaming Jennie by the arms tossing her around like a rag doll.

"Eleven!" Jennie screamed as she looked back catching sight of Papa trying to comfort the sobbing girl who was confused by the entire ordeal. Hic. Her cries grew softer the closer they got to the training room and were now rough dry heaves of strained hiccups. The sounds of electrical static entered Jennie's ears making her look off to the side where she noticed a boy she'd never seen before sprawled on the ground continuously taking in electric shocks from the taser batons the guards were armed with.

"..." She muttered just before the door behind her was shut close with a hard thud.

Gasp. Jennie's eyelids snapped open as she inhaled deep heavy breaths of air. The sounds of bird wings flapping away entered her eardrums as the sight line of tall trees was finally noticed by her wide eyes. She quickly lifted herself getting a small wave of whiplash by her abrupt movements. "Ah." She muttered clutching her head as her brain began to tingle unbearably for a few seconds. Taking a sharp breath Jennie retracted her arms twisting her head around realizing she was in the woods again not in her bed like she should be. Blinking for a moment Jennie heard a loud snap in the distance behind her instantly forcing her to twist her body trying to locate what made that eerie noise.

Her breath hitched in her throat the second she noticed Mingyu sitting on a boulder just a few feet away already staring at her with a strong gaze. "Mingyu?" She called out confused as to how he was right in front of her seemingly alive however the more she analyzed him the more apparent it became that his physical appearance would argue the exact opposite.