𝟏𝟑 GUARDIAN ANGEL

▎⌕ November 15, 1983 ¦ 7:02 pm꒷꒦

▎⌕ November 15, 1983 7:02 pm꒷꒦

YOONGI'S EYES WERE HEAVILY TRAINED toward the wall as he stood next to his aunt who was tentatively listening to Chief Miller. He couldn't believe the wall was intact and not busted through like the creature had left it before he ran for his life. The muffled sounds of Chief Miller's voice explaining to them how they found Taehyun's body in Sattlers Quarry went in one ear and out the other without much attention. His mind was focused on the fact that he just talked to his brother moments before that creature showed up. There was no way they found his brother dead, he's alive. He is alive and he knows it.

"I know it's hard to think about but our working theory is that he crashed his bike, he made his way over to the quarry and he accidentally fell in." Chief Miller informed them making Momo suck in a strained breath.

She was gutted by the news, if only she had arrived sooner, maybe just maybe she could have helped search for him and found him alive. She could've had him in her arms alive and well if she wasn't so hung up on her pipe dream job. Momo felt tears prick at her eyes again as she continued to take in everything the Chief was telling her. She took a step away her eyes finally noticing the odd painting on the wall.

"Yoongi?" Chief Miller called out to the obvious spaced-out teen. "Do you understand what I'm saying? Yoongi?"

Yoongi refused to look at the man and just continued to stare at the wall with utter skepticism. "No." He lowly muttered denying anything Tom said. He's alive. "Whoever you found..." He finally looked at the Chief softly shaking his head. "It's not my brother. It's not Taehyun."

"Yoongi." Chief Miller called out again.

"No, you don't understand. I talked to him, a half hour ago." Yoongi retold him what he had already explained when they got inside. "He was..." Yoongi quickly rushed toward the little crawl space he had discovered earlier that day and picked up the bundle of Christmas lights. "He was talking to me with these." He shook the lights to emphasize his story.

"Talking?"

"Uh-huh. One blink for yes, two for no." Yoongi continued trying to prove that his brother was alive. He quickly put the lights down and walked toward the painted alphabet wall. "And... and then I made this so he could talk to me." He gestured his hands to the letters. "Cause he was hiding..." he pointed at the crawl space, "from that thing." He described his reasoning for everything he made.

"The thing that came out of the wall?" Chief Miller repeated with an exhausted tone.

"Yeah."

"The thing that chased you?"

"Yeah." Yoongi's voice cracked a bit as he recalled the encounter.

Momo looked at the pair tears already trickling down her face as she listened. She was heartbroken by Yoongi's justifications for his story. "Yoongi, come on, please." She grabbed hold of his elbows. "You gotta stop." She couldn't take it any longer, she felt like she was losing him to insanity.