18

—— JISUN DAY

—— JISUN DAY.

today was jisun's birthday and it poured, nobody was in a good mood. My brother was completely out of it, he hasn't opened his door or got out of his room.

i haven't heard from sunghoon either, but I expected this. They both were grieving on such a special day. Just when I was about to leave the house I got a call.

sunghoon's mother.

i immediately pick up the phone and her voice is shaky, "sunghoon was really upset and he left the house in the rain and it's been two hours, is he at your place?"

"I haven't heard from him in two days." i respond lowly and I could hear her loud breathing. "i told him that he couldn't keep letting jisun affect him, I know it's been hard on him I know he's struggling so much, but he's giving up on everything. He hasn't been out in the real world yet and there's so many things he's stopped doing because of all the pain, I wish I could just make it easy on him."

my heart ached, and i knew sunghoon. I knew he would run away from home, allow himself to soak up in the rain, allow him self to get sick.

when I run up the stairs, Jaeyun's door was left open meaning he used the back door to get out. Was he looking for sunghoon?

I hurriedly grasped onto a umbrella and bolted out the house. I checked out every spot of the neighborhood, no sign on him anywhere.

I called the boys and asked if they knew any of his go to spots and they said it was near the cafe but they weren't too sure.

the cafe?

i just checked the cafe, but I dashed back and entered to ask the workers if they took notice of him. "did you guys see sunghoon anywhere?"

"sunghoon? you mean the kid who just walked up to our roof? Yeah, he's been up here for months, but today he seemed pretty upset, I didn't question it though." one shrugged.

THE CAFE HAD A ROOF?

so this man doesn't like the cafe but he likes the cafe's roof, MAKE IT MAKE SENSE. I scurried up the stairs and the door banged when I entered.

the roof was beautiful, it was like a hidden gem. They're were beautiful cherry blossom trees and benches but it was abandoned, sunghoon had kept it tidy though.

and there he was sitting on the bench with his head down and his face covered in dried tears and the color drained out of his face.

"sunghoon." I call but the only response I got from him was tranquility. I crouch down next to him and observed his face, my thumb brushed against his cheek wiping the previous tears that had been stuck half way. This time he didn't stop me, he stood still.

"hoon." i call his name again, "you came here because she told you I was gone." his hollow eyes shift to me and my stomach drops.

my hand cups his jaw and I nod from his previous statement. "i know this shit is tough okay, I know it's hard when someone you're used to always seeing... suddenly stops being there but he wouldn't want you to be held back all the time especially on a day like this where you should be happy for him because it's his birthday. Not grieving his loss, as much as I know jisun...he'd want you to just be happy."

he leisurely engulfs me in a hug, his chin was on the crook of my shoulder and he tugged me in closer. His whole body just resting in mine, in my embrace.

i have to let jisun go.

——-