Chapter 7

Isabelle's POV

It's been a week since our wedding and Ares left. This house was so empty but Henry came to live in. We both are like Best friends now and i enjoy his company alot. My bodyguard Quinn always stands a little away from where i am and it irritates me alot. I have heared nothing from Ares. I don't have the gut to call Ares or talk to him. I still remember the way he fucked me that day. Thinking this made me blush.

"Urghhh. I am tired." Olivia came in and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh hey!" I smiled and hugged her. She hugged me back and pulled away. Henry entered and he shyly smiled at Olivia. I Know they are step siblings but they don't hate each other.

"Hi boy, Are you all settled here?" Olivia asked and hugged him. She got it that he was hesitating so she made a move. She's really a good person but doesn't show it. Henry hugged her too and his eyes sparkled with so much admiration for his sister.

"Yes big sis. I like it here." He replied.

"Well i came here to tell you about tonight's event." She said to me.

"What event?" i asked confused.

"It's a charity event where all the mafia bosses and billionaires take part and donate money and much more. Basically it's a meet and greet between all Allies and rivals." She said and dropped to the sofa.

"Oh." was all i replied.

"Ares asked me to inform you to be ready, a car will pick you at 7. You will see him there."
I bite my lip. I was going to see him after a week of our marriage. Now i am getting really anxious. There will be so many people and Ares will introduce me to them.

"Let's see a dress you can wear for today!" Olivia exclamied cheerily and we left the tv lounge. We were in my closet now and i have no idea what to wear. My eyes caught a black sequin dress that was so beautiful.

"I am wearing this." i told Olivia.

"Holy shit. You will look so hot and spicy in it. Wear it babes, my brother will not be able to resist you." She winked at me and i rolled my eyes playfully. She was wearing a long blue dress. It suited her and she looked pretty in it. We got to ready ourselves. I did minimal makeup with simple earrings and my mom's necklace. I let my hair fall and damn. I looked so different and  so not me. I really looked...hot, i guess.

"Woah girl. Super hot."

"You look beautiful liv." I complimented her and she smiled. We both went out and saw that the car arrived.

My bodyguard Quinn was coming in another car with other three guards while the driver took me and Olivia to the destination. We stopped outside a big white mansion and i was hell nervous. This was my first time attending an event like this. Ares will be there and I don't know if he will support or comfort me.

I sighed and followed Olivia inside. Anxiety was eating me alive. Olivia went to some group of girls and started talking to them she asked me to go and find Ares. I was holding my phone in my hand and  i spotted Ares talking to some man. He was busy in conversation and boy. He looked hot as hell. Heat rushed to my crotch and i bite my lip. His black suit hugged his body tightly and his hair straight and gelled with a single strand falling on his falling face. His jawline perfect as always.

He saw me and i slowly approached him, He looked at me with so much intensity that my skin burns from his gaze. I stood in front of him and he looked around for a second and slammed his lips on mine. Fireworks boomed in my stomach and i moaned in his mouth. I don't know if that was for the show or if it was real. We pulled away and i blushed.

You look beautiful. "Tu sei un dono del cielo."
(You are a gift from heavens.) He said something in italian which i don't understand but hell, he called me beautiful. I want to scream in my pillow.

"Thank you. You look good yourself too." I said to him and he held my arms. By this action million of butterflies took a flight in my stomach. An old couple approached us and they smiled at us.

"Ares, my boy. You're all grown up, Look at you." Ares laughed lightly at this making me smile.

"Hello uncle and auntie." He greeted them.

"And this must be your beautiful wife." The old lady said and looked at me with a soft smile.

"Yes, Meet Isabelle." Ares introduced me to them.

"Nice to meet you." i greeted back kindly. I hope Ares is satisfied by my performance till now. Let's hope i don't mess up anything. They got busy in some conversation while i just hear them. The couple left and Ares sighed tiredly. He took two glasses of champagne and handed one to me. I took a sip and really liked it. We were guided to a section where the chairs and tables were and the ceremony started. The host called Ares's name and he left my hand and went to the stage. He gave a very inspiring speech and all i heared was his deep voice. When he finished the speech the hall thundered with claps and cheers from him. He looked at me and i smiled at him. He came back to his seat which was next to mine.

"You did a great job." I told him.

"Thanks wife." He replied and i blushed at the name. We were in main hall now when something caught my eye. It was my uncle's family. I was shocked and i wanted to hide from them. Ares's phone rang and he excused himself leaving me there alone. I saw my aunt and Renni coming towards me and i was frozen to my place.

"Hello ratty." Aunt said with so much venom in her voice. That brought so many haunting memories back.

"Enjoying your life? Well you just stole the man who was going to be my husband." Renni said furiously and i wanted to runaway.

"I didn't stole, i was sold to him." i spat back.

"Huhh! You piece of shit deserve this and i hope your life will be as miserable as hell. You are unworthy like your parents. You little ratty deserve to-"

"Shutup." A loud thunder echoed. It was Ares. I turned back and saw him really furious. He came and slide a hand over my waist and tightened it. He was really angry.

"How fucking dare you to disrespect my wife? You will pay for this." He was so angry that veins popped up on his neck.

"Nobody disrespects my wife." He said and bodyguards held Hugo's family and dragged them away. I saw Ares with tears in my eyes and he held my hand dragging me outside. He opened his car and I got in. He buckled his seat belt and started the car. His grip was tightened on the steering wheel.

"Why the hell are you crying?!" He yelled at me. I started shivering. I was really scared at his tone.

"N-nothing." i said. I was crying because what my aunt said hurts. It hurts so much. She always said something rude about my dead parents or bullied me for anything. For the very first time someone took stand for me and it was Ares. But his current behavior made me scared. The whole car ride was silent but my silent sobs were uncontrollable. We reached our house and he stopped the car.

"Go home and i will come later." He said and i went inside the house with Quinn following me. I ran to my room and shut the door and collapsed to the floor crying. I miss my parents terribly and i feel so alone. I cried for God knows how long and i was half asleep when i heared some footsteps and the door opening before i passed out.