Chapter 17

Ares's POV

We opened all the doors and places to find her but couldn't. There was a little door at the corner of the cell. We ran towards it. When we opened the door, we saw Isabelle. Thank fuck i found my wife but she was unconscious on the floor and naked.

So many painful and ugly bruises marked her skin and all her body was bleeding bad. She looked miserable.

"Loid get a cloth to cover her body." i shouted and he ran to find some cloth. He later came back with a white towel and i gently wrapped her in it.

"We're going to the hospital now. All of you back up." i yelled at my men and Alfie was already in the car. I jumped in holding Isabelle tightly to my chest.

"Hospital now. Hurry up." I yelled at Alfie. He sped off and within no time we reached. I didn't realize that i was crying there were tears on my face. I wiped them as they took Isabelle on the stretcher inside the operation theater. I am so scared. I don't want to lose her just when i got her.

She's my everything. She's my life, my weakness, the only good thing that happened to me in years. I was so enchanted by her and wanted to protect her with my everything but i failed.
She's in this condition because of me. My blood boils when i think about what they did to my wife. They messed with me and they will pay for it. For now, i am worried about my wife.

"Ares, it's been 2 hours man, eat something. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday." Loid said.

"How the fuck i can eat knowing my wife is in operation theater. Her life is at risk." i snapped at him.

"But your wife wouldn't want you to be hungry. Would she? Now eat it." he handed me a sandwich but i had no appetite to eat. I barely had a bite and i couldn't swallow anything. My throat was clogged with so many emotions. I want Isabelle to be alive. I want her to be with me. Call my name with her sweet voice. The doctor came out and i rushed towards him.

"Doctor, Is she fine? What happened to her? Is she alright?" i asked panicking.

"Mr.Knight, Your wife is still being treated. She was so badly injured and burned with wax. She also lost alot of blood. For now, we have treated her and she's alright but the baby couldn't make it." he told me and i felt dizzy hearing it.

"We're now shifting her to the ICU but she's still unconscious and she will be up in some hours then you can see her."
I nodded and politely thanked him. The doctor left and i fell on the bench. I was too exhausted. I lost my baby and my wife was burned and hurt. It hurts my heart so bad. Once Isabelle is fine, i am gonna slit Dmitri's throat of his head for what he did to my wife and Camilla and Renee. I have plans for them too. For now, i have to worry about Isabelle.

"Mr. Knight." someone said. I opened my eyes. I didn't know when i fall asleep. Rubbing my eyes i got up.

"Yes?" i asked sternly.

"Your wife is up now and she's crying badly." the nurse said and i followed her to the room where Isabelle was. I was too nervous to see her I don't know why.
The nurse opened the door and left. I ran to Isabelle and she opened her arms and hugged me tight. I hugged her back so scared that if she let go of me, I'll loose her again.

"My love. I am here Bambina." i rubbed my hand on her back.

"A-Ares." She said her voice breaking as she cried more in my neck. I kissed her head and cried with her.

"i am so sorry my love for not protecting you and our little baby. Forgive me." I held her hands.

"A-Ares they H-hurt me s-so much. They k-killed our B-baby." She hiccuped and i hugged her to me again.

"Baby i am so sorry for letting that happen to you. I have everything backed up. I have them and I'll take revenge." i told her.

"Y-you know I-i was so s-scared. I knew you w-will be com-ing for m-me. They b-burned me s-so bad." She said and my heart wrenched.

"I am sorry baby. I love you so much. I am here now and no one can hurt you." I assured her and she was sitting on my lap now.

"Promise me you won't leave me." she said.

"I promise you my love." i kissed her hand.

"But i lost the baby." she started crying again and i calmed her down.

                       Isabelle's POV

My heart hurts. I lost my baby and i can't bear it. They have hurt me alot physically and mentally and i felt like dying. I am in Ares's arms now and he has been holding me tightly to him and that's what i need the most. Again i broke into sobs and he shushed me.

"What happened Bambina?" he asked me softly.

"I wish- i wish someone could take my pain away." i sobbed into his chest.

"My love, look at me." i looked at him and he wiped my tears with his thumb.

"No one can ever take you from me again Belle. No one can ever hurt you again. It's my promise." he kissed my temple.

"B-but our baby." This again made me cry  and Ares clenched his jaw.

"Belle the doctor said that we can have a baby again. I'll give you a hundred babies and i will always love you. And for our lost one, it will always be a part of us." His words made me smile and i leaned into his face and kissed his lips. We kissed each other with so much passion that it felt like nothing could do us apart.