Chapter 18

Isabelle's POV

When we came back home, i was pulled into a bone crushing hug by Gracie followed by Henry. Gracie was crying hugging me and henry gave me a hug from behind.

"I was so scared. I thought I'll lose you too. Don't leave me again." She sobbed into my chest and i kissed her head.

"You scared us Isabelle. Don't ever do this again." Henry said and I hugged both of them tight.

"Back off kids, she's injured." Ares scowled at them and they pulled away.
They made me sit on the couch and they rambled on how much they missed me and how they were scared of losing me.

"Isabelle!" It was Olivia's voice. She came running into the house with Alfie following her. We both hugged.

"I am so sorry it happened because of me." She was crying at this point.

"No liv, you did nothing. It's alright." She calmed down and Ares and Loid came back.

"Olivia!" Loid said with his eyes glistening with tears.
She just sighed and looked at him.

"How are you?" he asked her.

"I am.... fine." she said and got up from where she was sitting and jumped on Loid. He held her tightly in his arms and she sobbed.

"I am sorry Loid. I am not engaged to him anymore. I love you. I love you so much please don't leave me like that." She said and Loid kissed her head and went outside with her to have a private moment. I felt happy that they sorted what happened between them.

"Come on love let's get you to bed." Ares said and picked me up. Henry and Olivia looked like they wanted me to stay with them.

"Guys I'll be back after a short nap. You should rest as well." i gave them a kiss on cheeks and Ares pulled me into arms.

He carried me to our room and when we entered a sense of comfort rushed through me. I was finally back home.

"I-i missed home." Tears burned my eyes as i said it. Ares laid me on the bed and took of his clothes and came to my side.

"You're safe baby. You're back home."

"You're my home." As i said it he smiled. It was such a charming and boyish smile.

"You should smile more. It suits you." His grin widened and he pulled me into his chest.

"Let's get some sleep. yeah?" He said and I slept so peacefully in his arms.

                           Ares's POV

"No, stop! Please-" I heard a cry and opened my eyes. I saw Isabelle trembling and screaming. She was having a panic attack. Sweat covered her whole face and she wasn't breathing. Fuck.

"Baby, Wake up. Isabelle!" I shook her and she screamed again.

"Go away! Leave me, just let me go!!" She sobbed. i again shook her up and she opened her eyes.

"Baby, What happened? You ok? Calm down you're having a panic attack." She held me and steadied her heart beat. I ran my hand up and down her back and she was relaxed now.

"I am sorry Ares."

"Shh. It's alright Cucciolo. Would you like to talk about it?" i asked and she nodded.

"It all came back as a flashback or a dream. All that happened to me and it felt like I was there again.''

"My poor Angel. You're home now. Relax." I kissed her and she slept.

I woke up after two hours and Isabelle wasn't on bed. I called her name and got no response. I went downstairs and saw her in the kitchen. She was quietly doing her work. Her hair was in a ponytail and she was wearing my shirt. She sensed my presence and looked back at me and smiled. Fuck, i melted.

"I am making cookies. Kids missed them so much and I wanted to make you some." I went near her and hugged her from behind as she mixed the ingredients.

"While they are baking, we should watch some Tv." I liked that idea it would diatract her from everything and would change her mind.

We sat together on the couch and watched some movies. She was so focused and i admired her. She was an epitome of beauty. After a while the cookies were done and Henry and Gracie came downstairs.

"I really missed these cookies you made. Thanks Isa." Henry said and Isa kissed his cheek. Everyone enjoyed her cookies and chatted about random things so Isabelle could be fresh.

"Ares, Am I ugly?" She asked  as we came back to our room. She laid on my chest and i clutched onto her.

"Shutup. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever met. The first time I saw you i wanted to make you mine. You're so Divine and Alluring." I confessed and she giggled.

"You're too cute to be a big mafia boss."

"Don't tell anyone." I winked at her and she laughed. Her body was sore from the torture she has received and i wanted to comfort her. I went to the bathroom and came out with a warm towel and Lavender oil.

"Gattina, Let me rub this on your body. You will be relaxed." She nodded as i said it and took of her clothes leaving her in a bra and panties. Her petite body was covered in blue purple marks and injuries were covered with band aids. My heart cries for her.

" Lay down like that and I'll first change your coverings." Taking off her old bandaids I cleaned her wounds. They were so deep and she hissed when the antiseptic burned her skin. After finishing off with her new dressing, i rubbed the oil in my palms and rubbed her arms and shoulders gently. She let out a breath.

"You're so strong Baby girl. I love you." I confessed so she doesn't feel insecure of her body.

"I love you more." I messaged her body lightly and the Lavender made her asleep. I gently slipped her panties on and hugged her to sleep.