Chapter 5: Night In

Chapter 5: Night In

KAYLA'S POV

"Hey Kayla." Lonny smiled as I opened up the door.

"Hey Lonny." I smiled back, hugging him tightly. He tilted my head up and pecked my lips sweetly. "Hannah! You ready to go?" I called up the stairs, stepping away from Lonny.

"Yeah!" She yelled back.

"Come on in." I smiled, grabbing his hand and pulling him inside. He just laughed, leaning against the couch. Hannah came bounding down the stairs, her backpack on her back. I picked her up and kissed her forehead, resting her on my hip. "Do you have everything?" I asked and she nodded. "Okay, I'll take you over, wanna come Lonny?"

"Sure." He shrugged, following me out the door. I placed Hannah on the ground and grabbed her hand, Lonny walking right behind us. We made it over to my sisters house and I let Hannah knock on the door.

"Hey Hannah!" Kiana exclaimed as she opened the door, letting Hannah run inside. 

"Hey sis." She smiled, hugging me tightly. "John and I set our wedding date." She smiled.

"That's amazing!" She nodded.

"It's in February."

"Wow! So close." She nodded and looked past me.

"So, I'm guessing you're Lonny?"

"That would be me, and I'm guessing you're Kiana?" She nodded. "I've heard a lot about you." He smirked, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"And I've heard a lot about you." She said and Lonny just looked at me and I smiled. I blushed and grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers. He leaned over and quickly pecked my cheek. "Just take good care of my little sister, she's the only one I got." Kiana smiled.

"I will, trust me." He smiled, letting go of my hand and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Good, so I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked me and I nodded. "Alright, see ya." She said as she closed the door. Lonny and I walked back to my house, deciding to stay in. Lonny's tired from recording and I'm tired from work. We plopped down onto the couch and cuddled while watching a movie. We ended up making out, our bodies pushed close together. He smiled down at me and said the three words that I hadn't heard in three years.

"I love you." He smiled and I froze. All the memories of my husband came back and I started to cry. The look on his face shifted to concern as he sat up and pulled me close to him, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm sorry Lonny, I-I'm just not ready to move that far. That's still a big step for me." I sobbed into his shoulder. He just rubbed my back and gently kissed my head.

"It's okay babe, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

"It's fine." I said, wiping my tears. I looked up at him and pecked his lips. I nuzzled my head back into his neck, draping my legs over his.

"So, have you told Hannah about, you know... us?" I shook my head.

"You're the first guy that she's ever met that I've dated. I just want to wait until the right time." He nodded.

"I understand." He said, kissing my temple. "So, what are you doing for Christmas?" He asked, beginning to play with my hair.

"Ehh, just staying home, we have no money to go visit family up in Michigan."

"Oh, I'm going to Vancouver but, I could stay here." I shook my head.

"Go and visit your family Lonny, we'll be fine. This will be the second year so we're used to it." I shrugged.

"Then, let me at least pay for you two to go up." He offered.

"Lonny, that's a lot of money. Really, it's fine."

"If you say so." He said, rubbing my arm with his thumb. "Just remind me to give you guys your presents." He smiled, pecking my lips.

"Aww, you didn't have to do anything Lonny." I smiled.

"Of course I did!" He exclaimed and I giggled. We talked for a bit longer before heading up to my room and falling asleep. I woke up the next morning, wrapped in his arms. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. I smiled and bopped his nose, causing his eyes to flutter open.

"I have to go pick up Hannah so my sister can get to work." I said, wiggling out of his grip. "You can stay here or leave or whatever." I said, pecking his lips before slipping on a jacket and some sandals before walking downstairs. I walked over to Kiana's house and knocked on her door.

"Hey Kayla, Hannah! Your mom's here!" She called up the stairs. In the next moment, I saw her bounding down the stairs with her backpack on her back.

"Hi mommy." She smiled, hugging my waist.

"Hey baby, let's go home. Thanks Kiana." I waved at her as I grabbed Hannah's hand and walked her home. We walked in and I took off her backpack. I heard the shower running and smiled, placing her backpack on the couch.

"Hannah, I need to talk to you."

"Okay, is Lonny still here?" I nodded. "Okay because I drew him a picture and I want to give it to him."

"Well when he comes down you can give it to him, but right now I need you to focus on me." She nodded, sitting next to me on the couch. "So, you like Lonny right?" I asked, grabbing her hand. She nodded.

"I love him!" She exclaimed and I smiled.

"Well, that's good. How would you feel if we became boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"Would he be my new daddy?"

"Possibly." I said. She smiled and nodded.

"Yesyesyesyes!" She exclaimed, beginning to jump on the couch.

"Alright, well, we're dating." She squealed.

"What's all the noise down here?" Lonny chuckled, coming down the stairs.

"Well, I just told Hannah." I smiled at him.

"Oh, well, is it okay with you Hannah?" She nodded rapidly.

"Of course." She said and we both chuckled.

"Well I'm glad because I really like your mommy." He said as he came over and pecked my cheek. He sat down on the other couch and pulled out his phone. He groaned as he scrolled through his phone. "Sorry, I have to go, I have to record more bass parts." He said, getting up.

"Before you leave, Hannah wants to give you something."

"Oh yeah!" She said, running to her backpack and pulling out a piece of paper. "Here you go." She said, handing it to him proudly.

"Is that me?" She nodded. "I love it Hannah, thank you. This is going right on my fridge as soon as I get home, I'll see you later, alright?" She nodded again.

"Alright Hannah, go upstairs and unpack." I said, handing her bag to her.

"But momm-"

"No but's Hannah, upstairs." She sighed and grabbed her bag from me, going up the stairs. Once she turned the corner, I smiled and walked over to Lonny, wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"So, I'll see you later?" I asked as I pecked his lips.

"Yeah, I'll text you, alright?" I nodded. He leaned down and passionately kissed me.

"Oooh." I heard Hannah's voice. I broke the kiss and looked back at her.

"Hannah, up." She giggled and ran off. I looked back at Lonny and blushed, smiling.

"You're so cute when you blush." He chuckled, kissing me again. I heard Hannah snickering and I just snapped my fingers at her, pointing towards her room. I heard her feet on the floor, running away. I pulled away and smiled up at him.

"Anyway, see you later Lonny." He nodded and hugged me one last time before walking out the door.

************************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!