Chapter 7: Fatherless

KAYLA'S POV

I was sitting on the couch with Lonny when Hannah burst through the door.

"Hannah? Hannah! Answer me!" She was halfway up the stairs and she turned around, tears filling her eyes. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"I'm quitting Girl Scouts, it's stupid!" She exclaimed.

"Hannah, tell me what is going on right now!" I demanded, taking my arm away from Lonny and sitting forward.

"There's a stupid father daughter dance and, if you haven't noticed, I don't have a dad! You can't change that, can you?" I was speechless. "Exactly, now just leave me alone." She cried, running up the stairs and slamming her door. I sighed and leaned back into Lonny.

"I hate that she has to go through this." I sighed as he rubbed my back. Lonny just sat for a moment before gasping.

"Hey, I know! How about I take her?" He suggested.

"That's a great idea! Go ask her!" I said, sitting up and pushing him off of the couch.

LONNY'S POV

"Hannah." I said as I knocked on the door.

"Leave me alone."

"Hannah, please let me in, let me talk to you." I heard her groan.

"Come in I guess." I opened up her door. I smiled as I looked around her room. She had posters of BVB and pictures of the band, along with other bands.

"You got a pretty cool room here for a second grader." I said as I closed the door.

"What did you want?" She asked and I sighed, sitting at the foot of her bed.

"I know that it's hard growing up without your dad Hannah. But, I was wondering that, if you really wanted to go to that dance, I could go with you."

"Really?" She asked, jumping up and sitting on her feet. I smiled and nodded.

"If you really want to go."

"Thank you Lonny!" She squealed, throwing her arms around my neck.

"No problem." She gave me all the info and I smiled, standing up. "Alright, well I have to get going, I'll see you later." I left her room and walked back downstairs.

"What'd she say." 

"She said she'd love to." I smiled.

"Thank you Lonny! You don't how much this means to the both of us."

"No problem babe." I said, pecking her lips. "I gotta go so, I'll see you later?" She smiled and nodded. I walked out and got into my car, driving back to my house.

KAYLA'S POV

*1 day later*

"Hannah! You ready to go shopping?"

"Yes!" She called, running down.

"Okay, let's go." I said, opening up the door. She ran out and jumped into the car, strapping on her seatbelt. I put on some music as we drove to the store to find a dress for the dance. We looked around until she found the perfect one.

It was a dark blue with a strap going around her neck. The dress had white polka dots all over it and went to her knees. There was a white strip across the top and a white belt around her torso.

"Go try it on!" I exclaimed, handing it to her and pushing her into a dressing room. She came back out and smiled at me, twirling around in it.

"How do I look?" She asked, gripping the ends of the dress.

"You look beautiful darling." I smiled, pecking her forehead. "Go take it off and we'll look for some shoes for you." She smiled and ran back into the dressing room. She took it off and gave it to me. I put it back on the hanger and we went over to the shoes. We picked out these cute blue flats with white polka dots all over them. The toe was open and there was a bow on the top. We got a couple pieces of jewelry before leaving.

*********************************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!