Chapter 1: Cookie Season

• Dedicated to Mrs_Leah_Parente

Chapter 1: Cookie Season

Kayla's POV

"Go ahead Hannah, knock on the door." I said, guiding my daughter up the pathway of a house. She knocked on the door and I heard somebody inside.

"Hello?" Someone answered. I looked up and saw the most gorgeous man standing in front of me. He had long black hair that was flat ironed. He had light blue, almost grey eyes and his eyes were rimmed with black eyeliner. He was fairly tall and skinny with a muscular build. I swear I've seen him before but I just couldn't think of the name or even where he was from.

"Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?" My daughter asked, swaying a little bit.

"Well aren't you cute! Let me go look if I have any money." He smiled before closing his door and coming back a minute later. "How much are they?" He asked, kneeling down to her level.

"Four dollars." She said, holding up four fingers.

"Alright." He said, opening up his wallet and looking through it. "You got change?" He asked, pulling out a $50 bill. Hannah looked back at me and I nodded.

"Yes." He smiled and put his wallet aside, keeping the bill out.

"Alright, I'll buy 12 boxes."

"Really!" Her eyes went wide.

"Yes ma'am, you're just too darn cute and my friend's will like them." He said, ruffling her hair. "So, what'cha got?"

"Umm, all the cookies." He chuckled.

"Okay, I'll take 2 Lemonades, 2 Thanks-A-Lots, 2 Peanut Butter Patties, 3 Thin Mints and 3 Samoas."

"Thank you." She giggled as I started grabbing the cookies. I handed them to her and she handed them to him.

"Thank you." He said, grabbing the cookies from her. He handed her the bill and she took it. She gave it to me and I started searching for two $1 bills. "Keep the change." He said.

"A-Are you sure?" I asked, holding up the two ones.

"I'm sure" He said with a smile.

"Thank you." Hannah said after I nudged her.

"Yes, thank you." I said.

"You look like someone from my mommy's favorite band."

"Oh really? And what's her favorite band?" He asked with a raised eyebrow as he sat down.

"Black...ummm" She tried so hard to remember it and looked up at me.

"Veil" I said, trying to help her.

"Black Veil...ummm. Black Veil... wife."

"Brides?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah! That's it! Black Veil Brides!" She exclaimed and he chuckled.

"Do you know which one I am?" Holy shit, I know it now! I know where he's from!

"Ummm."

"Would it help if I got you a picture?" He asked.

"Yeah." She said, nodding.

"Alright hold on" He said, getting up and carrying the cookies with him. He came back a couple seconds later with a picture. "Here you go." He said, handing it to her.

"Oh! Oh! Umm the new guy! Lonny! You replaced Ashley as a... a.... the guy who plays the really big guitar!" She said, excited, handing the picture back.