Chapter 9: Lying

Chapter 9: Lying

KAYLA'S POV

"I'll get it." I said, getting up from the dinner table as someone knocked on the door. I opened the door to see my sister standing there.

"Hey Kiana!" I exclaimed, pulling her in for a hug.

"Hey girl, here." She said, shoving three pieces of paper in my face.

"What's this?" I asked, looking at them. "Airplane tickets?"

"Now there's no backing out of being my maid of honor." She said with a wink.

"Kiana, you didn't have to do this. I could've found someway to pay for our tickets."

"Now you won't have to find a way! Kayla, please, just take them. I payed for your way back as well."

"Well, thank you Kiana, but, three?"

"I want you to bring Lonny." She said with a smirk.

"Kiana, I don't know if that's such a good idea." I said, biting my lip.

"Why not!" I looked into the kitchen to see Hannah talking Lonny's ear off.

"I'll be right back!" I called to them, stepping outside of the house and closing the door behind me. 

"You know mom, you saw how excited she was to meet Lonny someday, I just don't want to take the attention away from you on your special day."

"Oh you won't take the attention away from me Kayla." She reassured me.

"You've met mom and dad, right?" I laughed.

"Kayla, everything will work out just fine." She insisted and I sighed.

"Okay, Kiana, truth is, I don't think Lonny should meet mom and dad just yet. I mean we've only been dating a couple months and I don't want him to meet them until things get serious and... I just don't know Kiana." I sighed, sitting down. "I just, don't want things to move too fast. He's dating someone that has an eight year old kid and a dead husband! I can't even say "I love you" for God sakes!"

"Oh Kayla." My sister said, sitting next to me and wrapping her arms around me.

"I just don't know what to do Kiana. My whole life is just a fucking mess. He's the first guy to actually like and accept Hannah, I don't want to scare him off."

"Oh Kayla, you won't scare off Lonny just by him meeting mom and dad. He really really likes you Kayla. Look, if it makes you feel uncomfortable about Lonny meeting them, lie."

"What?"

"Just say he's your friend. Come on Kayla, it's my wedding and I want you, Hannah and Lonny to be there." 

"Fine." I sighed.

"Yay! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" She squealed, hugging me.

"Anything for my sis."

"Okay, Saturday, me, you, Hannah, bridesmaids, mom, dress shopping."

"You mean, your wedding is in two weeks and you haven't gotten a dress?"

"Don't judge me." She said with a small chuckle.

"Well, I should get back inside before Lonny's ears fall off. Hannah's in there talking up a storm." I said, standing up.

"That girl sure can talk. Anyway, I'll be right here at noon on Saturday."

"I'll be ready." I nodded.