BOOK THREE: CHAPTER FOUR

"Great job today, Ronnie! That was some impressive flying out there... I mean even more impressive than usual. Slytherin didn't stand a chance!" Charlie chuckled as he pulled his best friend into a hug.

Before Veronica could respond, the pair heard someone behind them. "Y'know, he's not wrong, Singer. I don't usually like watching Quidditch, but that game was good."

Veronica recognized the voice right away. "Thanks, Tonks! I appreciate that." Pulling away from Charlie, she ran over and hugged the Hufflepuff girl before pulling her over to her best friend. "I'm sure you two have seen each other around, but I don't think you've officially met. Charlie, Tonks. Tonks, Charlie."

As they shook hands, Charlie raised his eyebrow quizzically at Veronica. "I didn't know you two were friends."

"Well, when someone Flipendos you into a wall and knocks the wind out of you, it's hard not to be their friend." Tonks chuckled. "Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats on a game well played, Singer. We're still on for tomorrow, right?"

Veronica did her best to ignore Charlie's confused and questioning stare. "Of course!"

"Great! See you around Charlie."

Charlie didn't spare Tonks a second glance, pulling Veronica with him to their spot by the lake. "Okay, you have some serious explaining to do. What was that she said about you Flipendoing her? And what plans do you have with her tomorrow? Is that what you've been doing every Saturday morning and why I always get here before you even though I have Quidditch practice?"

"Okay, okay Charlie! Take a breath." Veronica chuckled. "I'll explain everything." She proceeded to explain everything that had happened with Archie in the hallway that day, and how it led to her meeting Tonks. "So yeah, I may have accidentally used Flipendo on her and slammed her into a wall, but there were no hard feelings. And she asked me to teach her non-verbal wandless magic, so yes, that's what I've been doing on Saturday mornings and why I've been coming late." Veronica sat now with her back against a tree as Charlie crossed his arms and frowned, pacing back and forth in front of her. "Charlie, can you sit please? You're making me dizzy."

"No! Why didn't you tell me about Archie sooner? Why did it take meeting Tonks by accident for me to learn about any of this?"

"Charlie... I dealt with Archie, and I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would get upset. Besides, I didn't want you fussing over something that's over. He's left me alone; he knows better than to mess with me now, and he's gone back to his old, glaring ways. And I didn't know how to tell you about Tonk's lessons without telling you about Archie." Veronica sighed, understanding what this was really about. "I'm sorry, Charlie. I know I said I wouldn't keep anything from you again, but I really didn't want you to worry."

"Ron, it's my job as your best friend to worry about you."

Veronica chuckled, not wanting to fight with him over this. "Understood. Next time, I'll be sure to tell you right away so you can worry your head off." Charlie rolled his eyes and glared at her, only making her laugh even more. "Now, can you come and sit please! I'm exhausted from that game, and I'd love to take a nap before the party tonight."

Charlie huffed, but knew he could never say no to her. Getting themselves comfortable, they fell asleep to the sound of the waves hitting the shore with the shade of the tree shielding them from the sun.