47. Relationships

It was past midnight when Daniel entered the tent he shared with Alis. It was a busy day with a lot of training for Alan and his two knights. He quickly took off his clothes and covered himself with a blanket. Not that he needed one or that he felt cold or heat anymore, but it was more a matter of habit.

Alis seemed to be sleeping as he laid down next to her. He soon started dozing off when he felt something touching his leg and moving upwards towards his waist. He looked at Alis, with her eyes still closed, and then at her tail that found its way under his blanket and into his shorts. With broad strokes, the tail caressed his body and his breath turned shallow and rapid. Although Daniel was mentally much older, his body was still that of a teenager and it reacted as one.

Suddenly, dark fog exploded from his body covering the tent and isolating it from the rest of the world while chains moved swiftly and pinned Alis to the ground.

She gasped and opened her eyes to find Daniel levitating above her with his face less than an inch from hers. His eyes studying her face while she could feel his body heat.

"Mm, master! What?!" Alis said while squirming with the chains pinning her to the ground.

"Alis," Daniel replied trying to steady his breathing. "I know you feel like you owe some debt to me but you don't need to do 'this'", he said, gesturing at her almost nude body.

"Master, I..."

"Let me finish," he said and looked into her eyes. "You are far from home and feel lonely and scared. You are in a foreign land with foreign people that think you are a slave and look down on you. I get it. But you don't need to feel like you have to... You know," Daniel added trying to contain himself as Alis briefly brushed against his body.

Alis looked into his black eyes and sighed.

"Master, I think there are things you don't know about people from my tribe or beast people in general..."

Daniel looked at her strangely and nodded for her to continue.

"In our tribe, we value strength above all in a potential mate. A strong male means strong offsprings and security. Similarly, men also look for strong females, for the same reason and to protect their offsprings when the male is out hunting."

Daniel looked at her with a quizzing gaze and Alis sighed again.

"Master, you are the strongest and I'll be spending the rest of your life with you. Doesn't make sense not to, you know..." Alis said as she blushed slightly.

"In our tribe, a woman has the right to claim a man, if she wants. If it wasn't for this life debt, I would have claimed you already!" she added in a rush.

The chains crumpled as Daniel collapsed next to Alis speechless.

"I-I see" Daniel replied. "I thought that..."

Alis moved her head onto his chest, catching him off guard and looked into his eyes.

"You don't like me?" she quizzed.

"It's not that. You are beautiful and I like you. But... Things are a bit complicated right now. I need some time for things to calm down." Daniel whispered.

"Hmmm... I'll be here, I guess... But if you need anything in the meantime..." Alis added with a mischievous smile as her hands wandered lower to Daniel's waste.

"I-I need to check something!" Daniel said as he exited the tent holding his hand in his hand.

Alis looked at the tent entrance as she gave out a deep sigh. Daniel didn't return until late at night when he was certain that Alis was sleeping.