Chapter 18: The Confidential Rumors

THE CONFIDENTIAL RUMORS

Matapos nilang kumain, nagtungo naman agad si Rhian sa kuwarto para makapaglinis ng kaniyang katawan, at ganoon din ang ginawa ni Vahn nang makapasok siya sa kaniyang kuwarto.

Rhian went out there to sneak into the slaughter room for a moment to do her paperwork and so she could write some drafts of her novel. When she finally got in there, she noticed that nothing had changed since she left.

It was only three days before she returned to her home. She sat on the chair there and placed her laptop, notebook, ballpoint pen, and other belongings on the table.

She let out a breath and started to open her laptop, but when she opened social media and the website, what she saw were issues and other comments about this morning.

The controversial rumors thatʼs now spreading about Rhian Lutherʼs disappearance is part of the exclusive report. She clenched her fist when she read the article that said that no matter how bad what happened to her, there are still people who disagree about it.

“Itʼs impossible for Rhian Luther to be alive if the serial killer really did that to her!”

“Walang pinipili ang serial killer, kahit ano pa ang estado nito sa buhay, wala siyang sinasanto, but I just heard the news that Rhian Luther is still alive?!”

“Mabuti naman at buhay pa si Rhian Luther. I canʼt believe sheʼs going to be one of that serial killerʼs victims!”

“Rhian Luther, if you really accepted our interview and invitation, you wouldnʼt have problems with this issue. Donʼt worry, and the law will keep you safe.”

She shook her head. She leaves the articles and comments that she reads on social media and sites. She was ready to face them earlier, but she also thought about the consequences if she continued.

Maaari ngang mabalikan pa siya ng kung sino mang hayup ang gumawa niyon sa kaniya, at madamay pa ang kaniyang mga kaibigan, pero hindi siya papayag na mas lalo pa itong lumala. Naisipan niyang maglakad palabas ng room na iyon pero natigilan siya nang magbukas ang pinto.

Vahn was also surprised to see Rhian in it. Just as he thought she was going to lock herself in the room again, he found her in the slaughter room. “Bakit hindi ka pa natutulog?” tanong niya sa dalaga.

“Iʼm still working on something,” tugon ni Rhian. “By the way, I just opened my social media, and... I saw these articles on the sites, as well as their comments.” Rhian presented her laptop in front of Vahn, and Vahn placed his hand on the table while looking at them.

“I donʼt know why I became an issue since Iʼm the last victim, but theres still no evidence that the serial killer is behind all of this,” naguguluhang sabi ni Rhian habang nagpapabalik-balik sa kaniyang nilalakaran.

“Why are these things happening to me, Sir Vahn? Puwede naman nila akong hayaan na lang, hindi ba? My life is not important just because of what happened to me; mamatay man ako o mabuhay, wala na silang pakielam doon.”

Tumayo ng tuwid si Vahn at hinarap si Rhian. “Relax, okay? Hayaan mo, bukas na bukas, kapag nag-aabang pa rin ang media sa labas ng Hyder University, Iʼll deal with them,” he said when Rhian stopped, which means he was also implicated.

“You know what, just get rid of them,” maikli niyang sabi at tumalikod na siya sa binata. Natigilan na naman siya nang ma-realize niya ang sinabi ni Vahn kanina. “They think weʼll get along like this, like that, because of that—but I feel bad since you are also involved in the controversy and these contentious news rumors—”

“Ms. Luther, okay, just calm down. Ako na ang bahala roon kung mag-aabang pa rin sila. Kasama ko naman sina Cyruz and Lloyd bukas, at sila na ang bahala mag-escort sa iyo papasok sa loob ng university; ako nang bahalang humarap sa media.”