Chapter 32: The Bullet (Felix)

THE BULLET (FELIX)

Nagulantang ang lahat nang malaman nila kung sino ang bumaril kay Director Alvarez. Nang marinig iyon ng buong kapulisan, maging ang task force agents, agad na ipinag-utos ng CIDG general na tuluyan nang pumasok sa loob.

“Naging tapat ka nga kay Mom pagdating sa kaniya lalo naʼt iniwan mo ang una mong pamilya para sa kaniya, pero hindi ko alam kung ano ang dapat kong paniwalaan sa mga ginagawa mo, Dad!” sabi ni Felix, at nanatiling nakatutok pa rin ang baril nito nang humarap na sa kaniya ang kaniyang ama.

“I donʼt know if I still know you or not, and I donʼt even know if I deserve to call you dad!”

Pinilit na tumayo si Rhian pero pinipigilan lang siya ni Vahn. “Felix...” She watched Felix; she would never have thought that, despite everything, he would still be able to shoot his own father. “When I was young, you couldnʼt even do all the responsibilities of a father; palagi mo na lang inuuna ang pangsarili mong kapakanan!”

“I gave you everything you need, Felix!” sabi ni Director Alvarez. “I educated you in a beautiful and well-organized school. Iʼve given you enough support for the things you want, but this is what youʼre going to repay me for?!”

“But the love I need as your son, you didnʼt even give me the opportunity to feel that!” nanggagalaiting sabi ni Felix. “Samantalang noon, ipinagmamalaki pa kita na ikaw ang naging ama ko, pero kahit kailan, hindi mo ako ipinagmalaki na ako ang naging anak mo!”

Vahn looked at Felixʼs expression; it was very different from the Felix he met when he didnʼt know they were brothers.

He felt pity, pain, and hatred when the severe suffering was caused by the very real value of love and care, because at first, thatʼs what he felt; he wanted to feel the love of a father, but here, now, nothing in the fate of meeting two brothers who both have a grudge in their hearts because of their own father.

If itʼs just about father, so is Rhian; even though she is lucky to have a father who is brave and persistent in his duty, she still misses him and still wants to feel that they are near to each other.

This time, she doesnʼt want to think about her own welfare first and wants to focus on the last moments of this situation. “All my life, I followed everything you wanted; I became a puppet to you, pero kahit sarili kong desisyon, tinatanggihan mo dahil palagi mong iniisip na makasisira lang iyon sa reputasyon at pangalan mo!” pagpapatuloy ni Felix.

“Utang na loob, Dad! Huwag mong hintayin na iputok ko pa sa iyo ito! Sumuko ka na!”

Director Alvarez grinned, as if what was happening was becoming more interesting to him. “Then I canʼt expect anything more from you, all of you!” sabi niya.

“Do you think, Felix, that itʼs that easy for me to just give up, huh? In the more than ten years that I have been a serial killer, hindi ako papayag na masisira at mawawala lahat ng pinaghirapan ko nang dahil sa iyo!”

Aiming his rifle at Felix, Director Alvarez lifted his hand. Felix feared that he would shoot him, but as the gun went off once more, he was unhit by any bullets.

Behind Vahn and Rhian, whose hand was raised, was the gun she was holding, which was aimed at Director Alvarez. Even though it was her own uncle, she still didnʼt hesitate to fire the gun. “Even if we give you another chance, we know you will never change,” sabi ni Rhian.

Felix was surprised by what Rhian did, and he couldnʼt believe that at that moment their eyes would meet each other. “Even if you go to jail, if you can come out looking like this, itʼs even better to end this real-life plot of a serial killer.”

Blood dripped from Director Alvarezʼs mouth, but he still managed to laugh and forcefully raised his hand, holding the gun. “Even if I die, it will never end,” sabi nito. “You still have no escape from me. See you in hell!”