Chapter 30: Danger Signal (S-O-S)

DANGER SIGNAL (S-O-S)

“Doc? Bakit nandito kayo?” tanong ni Vahn matapos makita ang lalaking kasama ni Yanna. “Lalo na sila, hindi sila safe na narito sila,” sabi niya, tinutukoy ang mga kaibigan ni Rhian.

“Iʼm aware of your whereabouts, but since my sister asked me one thing, I immediately thought that you and Ms. Luther were together,” sabi nito.

“Gregory?!” Napatingin naman kay Rhian ang lahat nang magbanggit ng pangalan ang dalaga habang nakatingin sa lalaking kausap ni Vahn.

Napangiti ang lalaki saka tumango. “Yes, ako nga, Binibining Rhian,” tugon sa kaniya nito.

Rhian couldnʼt believe that she would see her partner in person in the writing community collaboration of the Project Finish. “What a coincidence. We have met here in this situation, but I am glad to see you in person, Ms. Rhian Luther.”

“Teka, magkakilala kayo?” pagtataka ni Vahn habang nakatingin sa dalawa.

“Uh, he is my partner in the writing community collaboration of Project Finish,” simula ni Rhian sa pagpapaliwanag. “Nagkausap na rin kami sa text, chat, and video call, pero ngayon lang kami nagkakilala in person.”

“I didnʼt expect that my two favorite writers would meet,” sabi naman ni Yanna habang nakangiting pinagmamasdan ang dalawa.

“Oh, by the way, Vahn, sheʼs my younger sister. Meet Yanna; sheʼs having a secret crush on you,” sabi ni Gregory.

“Hey, Kuya, ano ba? Hindi ba puwedeng sadyang humahanga lang ako. Anong crush ka riyan.”

Vahn smiled, then raised his hand to shake hands with the girl. “Then itʼs a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Acceder.” Yanna accepted that, but on the other hand, the friends were able to talk to Rhian without hesitation.

“Actually, we donʼt really know how to deal with you, Rhian, but we just want to apologize to you,” simula ni Nikki. “Please forgive us for not allowing you to immediately explain; we are aware that there were some things we said that were inappropriate.”

Rhian shook her head and bowed a little, but there was a smile on her lips, knowing that this time she would be able to reconcile with her friends again. “I know that. Iʼm not mad with you, and I didnʼt hold a grudge when I left the boarding house the last time we met,” sabi niya.

“Look, ipinaliwanag ko na sa inyo ang lahat sa video na isinend ko sa inyo, at totoo ang lahat ng mga iyon. Director Alvarez, my uncle, is Felixʼs father, and Felix is my cousin.”

They looked at Vahn, also thinking about what was mentioned in Rhianʼs video: that Director Alvarez is also the father that Vahn has been looking for for a long time. “Then you and Sir Vahn are cousins,” sambit ni Lance. “At kapatid niya si Felix?”

“Half-brother,” pagsingit naman ni Vahn sa usapan ng magkakaibigan. “Magkaiba kami ng ina, kaya naman, magkapatid lang kami sa ama.”

“Mahirap ang sitwasyong ito. Bakit naman kayo narito? Masyadong mapanganib para sa inyo na narito kayo,” sabi ni Rhian.

“Tulad ng sinabi ko sa iyo, Ms. Luther, handa kitang tulungan.” Napatingin naman siya agad kay Yanna. “But since your friends also want to help you in this matter, I made a way to talk to Kuya Greg.”

“But you donʼt have to do this. Vahn and I are already planning how we can make Director Alvarez responsible for his sins. Ayaw ko nang madamay kayo rito,” sabi ni Rhian.

“But—” They all stopped when they heard a car coming, but it stopped in front of them very quickly.

Vahn pulled out his gun even when Rhian became alert; thatʼs why when Gregory also became alert, he also pulled out his gun. The friends immediately panicked when its passengers got out of the van, carrying guns, and pointed at them one by one.