Chapter 25: The Sense of Mystery

THE SENSE OF MYSTERY

Habang wala pang susunod na klase ang mga ito ay pinakinggan muna nila ang ipinaliwanag ni Vahn kung bakit umalis na si Rhian sa kaniyang puder. Hindi naman ganoon kasaklap ang nangyari kung maintindihan lang sana ni Rhian ang ginawa ni Vahn; iyon ang tugon ng magkakaibigan.

They are even more worried if Rhianʼs dreams and future might be affected by what she is going through now. They want to help their friend, but they donʼt know how. “Aalis na muna kami,” sabi ni Vahn sa mga ito.

“You still have classes, donʼt you?”

“We were supposed to attend an internship today...” tugon naman ni Kristen.

“We will take care of escorting them, Sir Vahn,” sambit naman ni Felix. “Hindi mo kailangang mag-alala at kami na lang bahala sa kanila. Mag-iingat na lang kayo sa pupuntahan ninyo.”

Vahn didnʼt speak anymore and just stared at them because he knew that Felix and Christopher were also doing something to keep Rhianʼs friends safe.

He left with Cyruz and Lloyd. After they exited the gate, they immediately stopped in front of the gate. “Mauna na kayo sa headquarters. Kailangan kong silipin si Rhian kahit man lang sa labas ng bahay niya,” sabi ni Vahn. “The guard wonʼt let me into the house, but Iʼll also find out what her condition is.”

“Sige. Mag-iingat ka.” Cyruz and Lloyd immediately entered the car they were riding in, and Vahn just waited for the two to leave before he finally got into his car and drove away from there.

Habang naglalakad naman ang magkakaibigan sa parking lot, sinusundan nila roon sina Felix at Christopher papunta sa kanilang van. The two looked at each other casually and thought that this was their chance to make the plan—to tell their friends what they needed to say.

Huminto sila nang makarating na sola sa tapat ng van ng magkakaibigan. Tiningnan nila ang mga ito. “Sandali lang. Before you all leave, I need to tell you something,” sabi ni Felix, nakaharap sa mga ito at naghihintay lamang ng kanilang susunod na sa sasabihin.

Vahn stopped when he got to Rhianʼs house, but like before, he was in the backyard; he didnʼt hang out in front of the gate anymore, and whether the guard saw him again or not, Rhian would be alerted that he was just there, outside.

He has been going back and forth here for several days, but he hasnʼt caught a glimpse of the girl. He is also worried; Rhian doesnʼt even answer his texts and calls, kaya parang natapos na rin ang komunikasyon nila sa isaʼt-isa. Naisip niya kung papaano niya haharapin muli ang dalaga, pero sa pagkakataong ito, itutuloy na niya ang planong kaniyang naiisip.

He looked around, making sure no one saw what he was about to do. Even though Rhianʼs house was the only one in this part of the area, he still couldnʼt be complacent. On a fence, it wasnʼt that high, which is why he was able to climb it up.

He quickly got down and was able to hide in the backyard. There was only one guard guarding the front of the gate; thatʼs why, when he peeked at the front gate, the guard was doing nothing but just standing there, watching.

Heʼs moved on to what heʼs going to do next. He also couldnʼt pass through the front door entrance, so he looked for another way to get up to the terrace, where he saw Rhian looking down before.

Apart from the terrace in front of the house that Vahn refers to, Rhianʼs own room has a design terrace. Some ideas came to his mind on how he could climb it without a ladder, and since he is a detective, he made some techniques to hang on that terrace.

Malakas ang kaniyang mga kalamnan para umakyat ng ganoon kataas. When he was able to go up there, he first checked that there was no one inside and what kind of room he was going to enter. Its curtain was open, the door was slightly ajar, and it was opened slowly.

He finally got into that room, but he had no idea where Rhian was. He was worried that maybe when he caught up with her, Rhian would only get angrier because he just went climbed to the house, even though he didnʼt want to let her inside, but this was the only way they could start talking in depth.