His Arms

Reader's Pov

It was a dark, stormy night. I had just gotten home from a long day at the Guild. It wasn't a great day. I had a fight with my boyfriend, Natsu. And boy, do I wish I could take it all back. It was over my jealousy of him spending too much time with Lisanna. Stupid, right?

Well, when I got home, I was ambushed by a dark guild. They caught me off guard and they knocked me out before I could even throw a punch. Now I'm stuck in a cold, stone basement. All chained up with magic-restrictive handcuffs and no food or water unless it was brought to me. And that was rare.

The door was boarded up and had locks on it. If someone were to break it down, they would need a lot of strength and energy behind it. And that would not be me because I'm weak. I've been here for about 3 days now.

A part of me wants to still have hope, but after the fight I had with Natsu, I wouldn't blame him if he would leave me here to die. Just...let it be a painless death.

Natsu's Pov:

"WE HAVE TO SAVE HER GODDAMN IT!"

"Natsu, calm down, we still need to find out where they are hiding her." Erza told me. I growled at her before sitting down in the cage they had restricted me in. I kept going rogue and trying to find her, but they always brought me back to the guild.

"I can't let it end like this...she needs to be alive and found." I mumbled to myself. I regret everything I said to (Y/n). I know it must have hurt her. But I was mad. Lisanna was just found after years of assumed death. But, after some time of thinking, I understand where she's coming from.

"Master! I found the dark guild's headquarters! We can save (Y/n)!"

But now all that matters is her.

Reader's Pov:

I think it's been a week now since I've been captured. I've lost count after the 4th day. I've completely lost hope. I've accepted my fate as death. I thought I hit rock bottom when I had that fight with Natsu, but no, this is it. I'd do anything to be in his arms again, my sanctuary.

As I was ready to close my eyes and have my 9th meltdown, I heard screaming from above. I opened my eyes and wondered what was going on. I tried tugging on the handcuffs, but it failed like all of my other attempts.

I suddenly felt familiar heat throughout the headquarters and a loud yell, "WHERE IS SHE?" "Natsu?!" I called out. I tried kicking the chains off, but due to my weak state, I couldn't break them off. I groaned in frustration before hearing a big thud against the basement door. "(Y/N)?!"

"Natsu!" I cried out for him, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. I wanted to see him so badly after all this time in this cold basement. No, I NEEDED to see him! I needed his arms, his warmth. Please for the love of Mavis, let me see Natsu!

I heard a couple more thuds, signally that he was trying to break down the door. "Natsu, it bolted and locked! It's so cold in here..." I shivered as I tried to explain the door to him.

Suddenly, Natsu comes sprinting through the door, making me shield myself as debris flew everywhere. He quickly rushes over to me, crushing the chains with his hands and picking me up bridal style. I sigh in relief as I felt his arms wrap around me and familiar warmth hugging my body.

"Natsu, I-" "Shh, what matters right now is you." He holds me tighter and sighs what seems to be a breath of relief. I nuzzle in closer and finally let the tears fall. "Natsu, take me home, please."

*Timeskip*

I finished up my shower and wrapped my towel around my body before stepping out. I took a peek out of the bathroom and saw Natsu still sitting on the bed, waiting for me to finish cleaning up. He was against the idea of me closing the bathroom door.

I sigh softly and put on my pajamas after drying off. I walk over and sit next to Natsu, and he lit up some fire to start drying off my hair. He was always careful with this process.

I took a side glance at him and saw he focused on drying my hair, so I didn't say anything to him. Though, he was soon finish and picked me up.

He sat me down in between his legs once he was sat against the wall and started brushing my hair with the brush I had on my nightstand. I took this as the opportunity to talk to him.

"Natsu-" "Shh."

I sighed and stopped him from brushing my hair and turned to face him. "Natsu, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped like that. When I was captured, I was scared that was the last conversation I was going to have with you. And that maybe, I don't know..."

"That I wouldn't come get you? Come on (Y/n), you know me better than that. Just because we had a fight doesn't mean I'll stop loving you and protecting you. You have to do something terrible like hurting Fairy Tail for me to do that. And you're the sweetest, loving person I know! So, relax, and let me baby and love you. Okay? You deserve it." He gives me a kiss in reassurance.

I smile at him and nod. "As long as I'm in your arms." "Where else?"