Family Reunion

Natsu's Pov:

"Pyro! What's with you, today?" Gray asked me. I glared at him slightly before looking away. "She hasn't come back yet. It's been a couple days and Gramps said this mission wouldn't take long." I told him.

"Who? (Y/n)? She can take care of herself." Gray responded. "But this is concerning." Erza stepped in. "Master told (Y/n) to be careful on this mission even though it was a short one." She reminded. "Maybe we can ask to search for her?" Lucy added.

I watched Erza walk over to the Master and ask to go on a renaissance mission in Hargeon for (Y/n). We look to see that Gramps thinks for a moment before responding. "All right, but stick together. I don't want another one of you brats getting lost!"

Reader's Pov:

I slid back in the water that I was using for my power, since I was a Water Dragon Slayer. I spat out some blood before wiping my mouth. I've already taken two of the threats down, I had two more. Ayano and Botan.

"One of you smell just like my best friend." I growled as I stood up. "That's why my Master sent me here. I have to take you down. Tell me, do one of you know the names Igneel and Natsu?" I asked.

I watched Botan's eyes widened and immediately went after him. "You're my main target, then!" I punched him with my fist enveloped in water, sending him back a few feet. "Botan!" Ayano screeched. My eyes traveled to her. She might have feelings for him. That can be a weakness for her, like Natsu's mine. That's why I went on this mission alone.

"You've overstayed your welcome here in Hargeon like I have. I need to get back home so I don't worry my family. So let's make this quick, shall we?"

Natsu's Pov:

"Natsu! Can you track her scent?" Lucy asked. I sniffed the air before my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Her scent is mixed with someone else's. It seems familiar...almost like...Igneel's.." I mumbled.

"Igneel?" Happy asked. I nodded. "But it's not exactly Igneel. It's another Dragon Slayer. A Fire Dragon Slayer." I confirmed. "Another one?" Gray asked. I nodded again. "Let's go. She might need my help. I think I know who he is. Master may sent her on this mission alone for a reason." I signaled them to follow me.

Reader's Pov:

I was able to take down Ayano due to her distraction with Botan. Now it was just him. We were panting due to exhaustion. "How do you know...those names?" He growled at me. "Wouldn't you like to know?" I smirked.

He screamed at me before running and tried to hit me physically. Though I was too quick and kicked him away from me. "Why are you doing this?" He coughed. "I'm protecting Hargeon. I should be asking you that. Why are you trying to hurt Hargeon?" I scoffed.

"I wanted to see...Natsu and Igneel...one more time.." He mumbled. My eyes widened before softening. "Botan...Igneel's dead." He gasped before growling at me. "You're lying!" "I wouldn't lie about that! I saw Natsu cry in front Igneel's dead body with my own eyes!"

We both lit up in our own element...elements of emotion, the strongest kind, before going at each other. At least, we tried until I felt someone pull me into their chest. I was sobbing from all the memories that were going through my head, and when I felt that familiar warmth, I cried even more.

"Natsu..." Botan muttered. "Been while, hasn't it, little brother?" Natsu asked. "Yeah..." He hesitated. "Is it true...about what she said?" He asked.

Natsu turned me around and pulled me into his chest to calm down, and probably for his own comfort. "I wish I could say no." Botan nodded and sighed. "Well, what are you waiting for? I'm right here. Kill me."

"Fairy Tail doesn't kill. They turn in people for their crimes. That is what my best friend was trying to do to your group, but you were resisting." Natsu stated. Botan nodded. "Then we will turn ourselves in. It was nice seeing you again, Natsu." Natsu nodded before picking me up bridal style and walking away.

"H-Hey, I can walk." I mumbled. "You made me worry, you know. I want to take care of you." He said. I blushed before burying my face into his chest. "Okay.."