Jealousy

Hey Guys! Guess who's on Spring Break? Me!

Request by @kimchit398

Natsu's Pov:

It was another normal day, Happy and I heading to Fairy Tail, the most powerful guild! And I was fired up! I was ready for a fight! Whether it would be with our members or on a mission!

"Say Happy, what do you feel like doing today? A mission or a job?" I asked. "I want to eat some fish!" He replied. All right, job it is! I wonder if (Y/n) wants to go with us?

I kicked opened the doors, as my per usual entrance, and saw the guild in a usual brawl. Just the way I liked it! However, I saw something that I didn't like.

(Y/n) and Ice Princess were talking. Alone. I don't know why, but every time (Y/n) was alone with another guy, I just get really pissed off. Not at her, but at the guy. For being close to her. Especially the Ice Stripper.

But, it's not my place to tell her what to do, right? It's not like I'm her boyfri- woah woah woah! What the hell am I thinking?! Boyfriend?! Did that word even EXIST in my dictionary?!

I suddenly saw (Y/n) blush and snapped. I needed to get her out of the guild. And what better way than a job?

Reader's Pov

*Before Natsu and Happy came to the Guild*

I sighed as I ran my fingers through my (h/l) (h/c) hair. How am I supposed to get this salmon-haired dragon slayer to notice me? All he cares about is fighting.

I look up when I felt a figure sit in front of me, to see that Gray Fullbuster was the one who took the seat. How ironic. My crush's frenemy. I never really got along with Gray either, but in the end, we were all family and had each other's backs.

"What's got you so down in the dumps?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and looked down. "Like you would want to know. You would probably throw up all over me." "Try me."

I sighed and gave him a glare. "You can't laugh." "Fine." I close my eyes before spilling out my problems to Gray, explaining to him about my crush on Natsu Dragneel, the Salamander of Fairy Tail. How I wondered if he ever noticed me at times. To my surprise, he didn't laugh. Instead, he gave me a serious look.

"Look, I know Natsu and I may butt heads a lot, but I know the guy. And nothing is more important to him than Igneel, Happy, and you." He explained. I blush a little at his words. "Why do you say that?" "Come on, have you seen the way he looks at you? He would risk his life for you, in fact, he has. He would not let anything or anyone touch you or get near you if he could help it. My ass would be in flames right now if he saw us right now."

I blush even more before I heard a yell and big ball of fire head Gray's way. Gray blocked it with a ice shield and smirked at me. "Speaking of which, just watch."

I watch as Gray head over to Natsu and they start their usual fight, however, Natsu easily won this fight within ten seconds. My eyes widened and I began to wonder if what Gray said was actually true. Did Natsu actually feel the same way?

I watch as Natsu walk towards the Request Board and quickly rip off a job flyer. He walks towards me which begins to worry me a bit. "N-Natsu are you-ah!"

Natsu lifted me up and threw me over his shoulder before calling out to Mira, "Mira! (Y/n) and I are taking a job! We'll be back later."

Before I heard her respond, we were already out the guild's doors. "Natsu! I can walk! You could've just asked!" I told him. However, there was no response from him so I assumed he was pissed about something and let him carry me to who-knows-where. Besides, I have a nice view of his ass.

*Timeskip*

After about an hour of traveling on foot, because Natsu can't handle vehicle transportation, I finally heard some muttering from Natsu I had my head propped up against his back because about fifteen minutes ago I was getting a little sick and dizzy from him carrying me, but I pushed myself up a bit more to hear him more clearly.

"What was that Natsu?" I asked. "Why were you talking to that Ice Princess? I thought you didn't get along with him either."

I smiled to myself when the realization hit me. "Natsu, are you jealous?"

He stopped walking and that was when I was able to take in the surroundings around me. We were at Mt. Hakobe. I didn't notice because I was also a Fire Mage. So I was naturally warm.

Natsu finally decided to put me down and I saw that he had a serious expression on his face. I sighed and shook my head at him. "Natsu, he was just giving me advice. Nothing happened."

He puts his hands on my shoulders which made heat rise to my cheeks, but thankfully he didn't notice. "(Y/n), I bet I can give better advice than him, I'm your best friend. What's wrong?"

I've never seen Natsu so serious in my life. I was starting to believe Gray when he said that I was really important to Natsu. It left me speechless. However, I did try to speak before a figure approached us.

Natsu and I looked to see what it was, and just my luck, it was a Vulcan. The most horniest monkeys I've ever came across. One sight at a girl and they have intentions.

"Pretty woman! Me want woman!" The Vulcan shouted. My eyes wide as the Vulcan came at me. I was getting ready to cast a spell before Natsu stood in front of me and punched the Vulcan away, launching it off the cliff. "SHE'S MINE!"

My eyes widened at Natsu's words, once again left speechless. I watched as Natsu shook his hand after punching the Vulcan. I smiled softly to myself. He is so jealous!!!

I walk up to Natsu and hug him from behind, enjoying the warmth that was radiating off of him. "(Y/n)?" He asked. I smiled more and hugged him tighter. "Thank you."