3

"You know not a lot of people have been able to see it," Minghao said shocked.

"Well I pride in noticing the littlest things. Even tiny tattoos behind a person's ear."

"Well I'm Chinese..."

"Oh,I am too!"

"Yes I could tell when you said your name was Junhui," Minghao rolled his eyes. "Anyway I guess you know number eight is considered a lucky number back home..."

"Right,but how does this come into the equation?" Junhui asked a little dumfounded.

"You dummy,the number eight when made to lie down creates the infinity sign"

"Okkkk,and how is that related to Hao?"

"Growing up I was told I couldn't do a lot of things by the people around me and I don't know if you know the terrible effect it can have on a person."

"More than you can imagine."

"So I just decided to prove them wrong and getting that tattoo was the first step. It serves as a reminder to me. It's a driving force. I want to be as infinite as possible,and so far luck has been on my side. "

"Wow," Junhui replied. There was a comfortable silence once more. Jun was stunned. He admired the drive that Minghao had. To want to prove people wrong.

He didn't have that. He thought back to the nights in his condo where he'd ponder over what his purpose was,why was he here. Minghao seemed to have found his.

"Do you have any pets? You seem like a pet kinda guy," Jun asked.

"Oh yeah,I have a cat, her name is ......." And the conversation continued to flow into the night. They talked for a while. It was nice to meet someone new,they weren't strangers,at least not anymore.

Soon the two were walking in the direction of the college. "You live on campus?"

"No, I try to avoid interaction with people my age as much as possible," Minghao said.

"Hey! I'm your age!"

"Yes but your bearable."

"Bearable. Wow. I'll take that,seems you don't dish out a lot of compliments. "

"Don't turn this on me Mr. Junhui. Anyways,I'll lead the way. "

"Why literature though,I assume it's your major. "

"Words can weave together and create a portal to anywhere. They're my escape from everything."

"You always gotta be this deep?"

"Shut up,"Minghao replied slapping his shoulder.

"So you're a natural Infront of a camera huh Jun?"

"You could say that. It's just easy for me to create the mask they so badly want you to wear. At least for me."

"This isn't about photoshoots,is it?"

Jun laughed it off. But he knew Minghao was right. It just was easier to wear the mask.

"Wow, there's a fountain, let's make a wish."

They took turns throwing in coins.

I wish to be more than a pretty face. Eventually. When I figure out what I want to do.

Minghao sighed and closed his eyes.

I wish for Jun's world to be a little more colorful.

He didn't know how much power his words held.

At the front of Minghao's apartment complex Jun handed Minghao his phone.

"Maybe it can be a more than just Tuesdays thing."

"Goodnight Jun"

"Goodnight Hao"

Jun started his walk. It was snowing a little

"Oi,Jun!"

As he turned he had the sound of a camera shutter.

"Hey I probably look terrible!"

"The best pictures are those taken unplanned!!" Minghao replied,running into the the complex.
.
.
.
Vote, comment and share 🖤