10

The promise had been broken. They had fought again. Minghao couldn't understand what was wrong and the constant calls he got from Shen were starting to worry him.

He was in a dilemma when his phone chimed.

Asshole: Mum's dying and your doing nothing about it. Some son you are.

Minghao started to panic again. No matter how much he disliked his family,he still felt the urge to please them,show them how fine he had been and how much he could accomplish.

He opened his suitcase and started to pack up. He booked the ticket online and sat on his bed contemplating whether he should tell Junhui about his trip.

To Wen❤️🤗: Can we meet up? There's something I want to tell you. X.

To Infinity ❤️: Ok I'll be over in 10.

Minghao sat on his bedroom floor as he waited.

Junhui pondered as he walked to Minghao's house. His week had been eventful,and he felt guilty for having deliberately started the fight between them.

His Manager's words flashed in his mind. "It's the US Junhui. I will not let you give up an opportunity like this because of your boyfriend!! If he really loved you, he'd be happy for you."

Junhui didn't trust himself to do a long distance relationship but he didn't know if he had the courage to do what he thought best.

He rang Minghao's doorbell.

"I'm going to China,I'm gonna give up my savings to treat mom."

"Hao,these are the same exact people who hurt you an-"

"She's my mother Junhui, I can't let her die. Sorry not all of us have resentment that blinds us."

Junhui sat quietly and let it blow over.

"When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow. I'll be back in 3 days."

"Safe journey my love,I hope it goes well."

Junhui didn't accompany him to the airport. Minghao felt a little lonely,but believed they'd push through.

It'd been so long since he came home. The state in which his family was disheartened him. The encounters were bitter and he almost left the day he arrived.

He got hospital details and cleared his mother's bill for the operation. She didn't even bat an eyelash in gratitude for what he had done. He only received more ridicule.

"You majored in literature,where exactly will that lead you? Waste of tuition," were his mother's bitter words.

As soon as the three days elapsed he had left some allowance and hoped his mother's surgery would go successfully.

He felt relief when he reached the airport. Being in a constantly sad place,he couldn't wait to see Junhui and fix everything. That would be his cause for joy.

He was back in his apartment complex tired and exhausted. Once he opened his room he was greeted by an envelope on his bed. Next to it was a kitten plushy.

The top was addressed, To my infinity.

Minghao's heart thumped. It was a letter from Junhui. He smiled and pulled out the letter.

By the time you get this I'll be long gone my love. I'm sorry. For a lot of things. I'm sorry that our forever isn't turning out to last as long as it should have.

I'm an asshole for doing this on paper(you can hit me the next time you see me) but we can't be together anymore Hao.

I got an offer in the US. The contract's open so I don't know how long it's for. Like you said,Manila opened a lot of doors for me and this was one of them.

I can't stand to put you through any pain Hao,and that's all a long distance relationship would do. The time zones,our schedules,I couldn't stand seeing us crumble.

This doesn't mean I love you any less but you deserve way better than a long distance relationship. Take care of yourself for me. I love you.

Minghao collapsed on his bed,tears strolling down his face. He grabbed his phone trying to call Junhui but all it said was that it was out of service.

Junhui had left him too. Like everyone else had.
.
.
.
A/n:........have a lovely week