11

Junhui was back to square one. The days were long,possibly even longer than they were before he met Minghao.

He was stuck in a country that had an entirely different dialect which meant he had to take classes and that meant reading and he wasn't too excited about that.

And he knew nobody,he had no friends yet,his new apartment was cold but funnily it matched how he felt on the inside.

His mind wandered back to Minghao,it had been three weeks and he still hadn't managed to think about him without wanting to almost pass out. The mere mention of his name was a trigger.

He was in the US but truthfully it felt like he had left his soul and heart back in that little four walled studio apartment of a certain bookworm.

He had wallowed in pity for a while before he finally had to get his act together,or at least pretend to. Eventually he started getting cast. Soon shoots were in place,and although there were a lot of interesting personalities none of them was Minghao.

On another busy Friday,Junhui was getting fitted into an outfit for a Giorgio Armani shoot. It wasn't as extravagant because it was a fragrance shoot.

"Hello,you don't look familiar. Are you new?" a model asked him.

"Hello. I'm Junhui. My English might not be very good. I'm Korean. Yes I'm new."

"Oh,I'm Vernon. I'm half Korean too," he smiled at Minghao.

That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship between the duo. They began to meet up after shoots and opened up to each other.

Junhui had told Vernon how he wasn't ready to date and Vernon had put two and two together figuring that maybe the latter already had a significant other.

He'd see things every day that would remind him of Minghao, Wow,my infinity would really like this. And then he'd have to remind himself Minghao wasn't his anymore.

He had to find a way to cope,so he started to paint,it was easier than jotting down words. Granted he wasn't the best at painting he at least loved the after feel. He'd get back from shoots, immediately settle infront of an easel and paint his frustrations away.

                                       🔅
The first time Minghao saw Junhui again was for an Armani fragrance shoot. He was around a bunch of very handsome models.

He must be having the time of his life,he thought.

The sight of him had re-opened the fresh wounds he was trying so hard to heal and work on. He'd put on his sad playlist and bawled his eyes out.

He wondered why he still had Junhui's polaroid from their second meeting and after meditation he'd packed up things Junhui related and kept them far away. He had to get himself up, after all no one else would do it.

One evening he'd walked into the hair salon and figured changing it up a little wouldn't hurt. As he touched his purple locks, he'd thought how different it was from his usual hair cuts. He looked lovely,even to himself. He was learning to focus on himself more.

On an unexpected butt dial he'd heard someone who sounded eerily like Junhui talk about how he loved him,he sounded drunk. "Infinity...I need my infinity." He'd hung up and blacklisted the number. He had enough time to cry about it and he wasn't about to let the past  hold him back.

He had decided to venture into new things and had even found himself a new job part-time. His only unaccomplished item was moving out of his studio apartment. He didn't want the memories that came with the place.

As he stood Infront of the towering building he couldn't believe it. It was like a fresh start for him. Korea Foreign Academy. It was now or never he said walking in.