12

Minghao was a teacher,at an international school with a program for foreign students too. He hadn't seen it coming, but surprisingly he enjoyed what he was doing.

Little kids,their innocence,he wanted to give them the acceptance he never had,at least as far as the school environment was concerned.

"No Hana,you can't eat those crayons.

Min Jun quit pulling Mike's hair please!"

It was a little hectic but it wasn't anything he couldn't handle. If anything he liked it. It was a nice distraction.

"Ok everyone,please bring your work to me,it's time to go outside!!"

Their little feet scuffled to him,all placing their drawings into his hands in a random motion as they all dashed to go outside.

There was only one little boy left who was still coloring. Minghao walked to the little Chinese-Scottish boy.

"Chen,aren't you going out to play?"

Minghao had become accustomed to calling him by his native name, despite his pretty bulging blue eyes that gave away the fact that he wasn't fully Chinese.

"Can I finish this please sir,I promise I'll leave then," a pleasing Chen said.

Minghao walked over and looked at the drawing, "Wow, that's a very big moon. Is that a man on the moon?"

"Yes it is, he's exploring space,and look he's right next to you!"

"Do you want me to explore space too?"

Chen shook his head no.

"The man on the moon needs a friend. And I chose you to be his best friend because your my favorite teacher!"

Minghao's heart melted at those sweet words. He gave Chen a big hug,who smiled at him,the smile looking eerily familiar  but he paid it no mind.

Soon he was outside watching the little kids play and create bonds. Eventually class rolled in and then it was home time. Since Minghao had afternoons off he decided to visit a place he'd call home.

The bookstore. It had been a while since he came,over a year for fear of the memories it would bring. But it was about time he tied up those lose ends.

The books still smelled the same as before. The tears surfaced but he pushed them down,and he found himself something to read. Silent as a forest he didn't look up for the next two hours.

The book was about star crossed lovers,and it hit different to be reading it in his native language. This made him think about his former relationship. Maybe he and Junhui were starcrossed.

His mood dampened,he left the bookshop and decided maybe eating out would be good.

That turned out to be a bad idea because now he was stuck with couples feeding each other all around him. And it was raining outside. The day had gone from 100 to zero real quick.

The rain had reduced to only a slight drizzle and he figured it'd be ok to walk since he didn't have work the next day.

He hated the loneliness. He'd learnt to rely on someone but in the twinkling of an eye that had all vanished. And it still hurt, even if he didn't want it to.

He opened the door to his new studio apartment,bigger than the one he had before and changed into something warmer.

The moon was out tonight and he stood at his balcony admiring it's beauty. A silent observer in the sky. Lucky for him it was a full one.

Down below people rushed back and forth probably on their way home,and he stared at the fountain a few meters from his building. Grabbing a penny he threw it from the top hoping it entered the fountain.

And it did,and as soon as it hit the water Minghao made one wish only,a reunion wouldn't be so bad.
.
.
.
A/n: Ouff. And dear devotion will be coming to a close soon,yes it's intended to be a short story.

Lots of love
-MA