13

Minghao let out a nervous sigh. He had a gig today, and it had been a while since one of those had come by. He was going to play at a gala for some fancy rich people. He was honored and well he was looking forward to the pay afterward.

He snorted when he looked at his outfit. A tux,at least it was the comfortable kind. His purple hair was the only contrast,a bold statement. Loading up his violin he got into his car and started to drive to the venue.

Wow I'm really here he thought to himself.

"No your wrong,none of this is real," a voice replied.

Minghao turned and rolled his eyes at his friend Jihoon.

"I know sarcasm is your love language and your obsessed with me but please a little refrain would do us all some good tonight."

Minghao and jihoon had met at a music shop and bonded over their love for it. And finding out jihoon played the piano solidified the friendship. And Jihoon had gotten them the said gig.

The minute they walked in Minghao shuddered, the aura of authority was intimidating.  They set up their instruments quietly, they'd probably be background characters.

"What a bunch of snobs," Jihoon said out loud.

Minghao chuckled, "That'd make you one of the snobs,your basically a rich kid."

"Trust me I am nothing like anybody in this room."

Just then a handsome boy with pretty eyes walked up to the pair.

"Hey Hoon,who's your friend?"

"Hoshi we'll talk after the gala ok?"

"Oh no,I think your misunderstanding,I'm just asking coz I'm I think he's hair's cool and he seems nice and umm very handso-"

"Hoshi for goodness sake I don't see him that way stop worrying yourself!"

"I wasn't worried-pfft I just was-"

"Get lost."

Hoshi turned walking away.

"I didn't ask to be in the middle of a lover's quarrel," Minghao laughed.

"Ugh,he's not my lover," jihoon said looking away.

"Yes he is!!" Hoshi screamed back.

"You get back to your table! I'll deal with you after this!" Jihoon replied sounding embarrassed.

"Damn Jihoon,all commanding," Minghao burst out.

"Shut up."

"Hey,it's ok that you love someone,even if he is and I quote 'snobby'. At least one of us should enjoy it right," Minghao retorted.

"Hao...."

"Relax Jihoon,I didn't mean it in a sad way "

Jihoon had been a help when Minghao was at some of his lowest lows, especially his breakup.

The gala began and the two got out their music sheets. It would be quite the night. These people left big tips and that just made Minghao even happier than he was.

The night flew and as it came to a close, he'd had a few glasses of red wine and was ready to hit the hay. Jihoon had long disappeared probably somewhere with Hoshi as the crowd started to die down.

He tried to see the couple who had hosted the fundraiser but they were flocked by lots of people. Hmm influential family it seems.

He'd only caught their names,Mr and Mrs Chen.

He grabbed his violin and started to play the familiar tune of 'you are my sunshine' unknowingly.

It was bittersweet how that childhood song had become his comfort song. It made him think of him.  He packed the equipment and sent jihoon a text that he was leaving.

Walking out he felt eyes on him,and turned to scan the area but there was only one person on the second floor and all he could make out was a tuft of dark brown hair,the person's back  towards him. He must've been imagining things.