43. Questions

Unknowns Pov

"What do you mean you lost her?" I shout at him.

"I'm sorry, she got in the car and drove away, I didn't have enough time to catch up." He argues with me.

"That is not an excuse, you were given a task but did not follow through with it." I say to him angrily.

I raised my gun and shot him point blank before he could even argue.

"Take care of his body please." I tell the guy standing at the door.

This is what happens when you cannot get the job done.

They end up dead.

I take out my phone and called him.

"Is it done?" He asked me.

"There has been a hold up." I tell him.

"What ever it is, get it fixed before I have to come down there and fix it myself." He tells me.

"Yes boss." I say to him before hanging up the phone.

I turned towards one of the guards, "Find me something who is more than capable of getting the job done." I ordered him.

He nods and exits the room.

-

Leah's Pov

"You got with my boss?" I asked her making sure I heard her right.

"Yeah, it was very recent though." She confesses to me.

I looked at her like she had grown two heads, I was still trying to process this in my mind.

She slept with my boss.

"Is that why I got the job?" I asked her all of a sudden.

She looks at me wide eyed, "No, that was completely Blaze's decision, not hers." She tells me.

"But you helped me get the job?" I asked her.

"I may or may no have had Azora try and convince him to give you a chance." She confessed.

I get up from the couch and walk over to the kitchen.

"So I didn't get the job because I was good at it." I say out loud.

"I don't think he would have given you the job at all, due to the fact of what happened in the past." She says to me as she gets up from the couch.

I walked over to the freezer and grabbed the ice cream.

"Though you were able to keep your job because you are a good worker." Haley tells me as she places her bowl in the sink.

I sighed and thought to myself as I scooped more ice cream and placed it into the bowl.

"When did this even start?" I asked her turning around with the bowl in my hand.

"Before you got your job, just a couple days before." She tells me.

"How exactly did it happen?" I asked her as I put the ice cream back into the freezer.

I walk back over to the couch and she followed behind me.

We sit down and she starts explaining how everything has happened.

"It started at the strip club." She says to me.

"While you were working?" I asked her.

"No, I was off the clock I just ended up stopping by." She explains to me.