chp 2

You left the strange forest navi alone by the fire, you would have to hunt a meal for the both of you instead of just yourself. While you were confident in yourself and your skills as a huntress you could already feel the weight of responsibility of the male barring on your shoulders. As you moved through the oasis forest fauna of luminous plants and the great mothers life you thought of the male. 

He seemed so confused and lost. He didn't seem to understand a word you said which you found even stranger. 

'Why would one not know the speech of ewyas children?' 

You thought to yourself as you followed the tracks of a medium catch. 

The male's wounds also made you wonder in what battle he was in to get such wounds. Was his clan battling another? Was he a warrior from his clan? Or was he banished. 

Your ears twitched as you listened to your prey's movements as you came up onto it. Watching the animal from the trees, blending into the fauna staying from its sight.

You have heard of those who have been banished seeking new beginnings in the barren lands, however from what your mother and father have told you before you left their arms, the banished didn't stay or survive long in these lands. The adaptation to the lands were harsher than other climates and the cause of their deaths was not being able to smell the land's limited water sources. Water gave life, if one could not find water they succumbed to the land's sand, becoming one with its lands and with eywa. 

Some couldn't face the isolation of the barren lands, from coming from large clans finding themselves in a land where there is very limited large clan or even small tribes the isolation got to them as well. 

Your ears twitched and your amber eyes focused onto the boar like an animal, you held in your breath moving closer not making a singler sound. Your ears could practically pick up onto your prey's heart beat as it grazed on the fuana. Your tail made a simple twitch and your body pushed forward. 

The sound of the creature seemed to echo through the oasis's forest as your dagger plummeted into the creature's neck. The force of your weight causing the animal to be knocked over to its side you quickly moved the dagger to penetrate its heart.. You then brought your forehead to the creature and whispered blessings for the creature's soul to reach the great mother and your thanks for its life to continue your own and the strange males. You moved quickly to gut the boar-like creature and remove its rough leather-like skin. You would have to make the male some sort of hood to protect his face from the barren lands sourcing sun when you both travel through the sandy lands. Not only a hood but you would have to make him some sort of satchel for carrying water. Your tail swished through the air another twinge of annoyance rushed through you.

"Great mother, Give me a sign as to why I should burren myself with that strange na'vi man." you whispered to yourself looking up towards the sky at the canopy of trees. 

You could always just help him.for tonight and then leave before he wakes in the morning. Then you would be free to teach one who would be like a babe in the land.

Your piercing eyes stared at your catch before heaving it up over your shoulders and carried it back to your temporary catch. 

You knew deep in your heart that if the great mother eywa needed you to take care of this strange man she would show you.

Miles refused to stay still and absolutely refused to stay naked. After you had left he had quickly got up looking for his clothes, his boots and his weapons. To his relief he easily found them all splayed out on some rocks washed and drying. Damp clothes didn't bother him in the slightest than being naked in front of some stranger let alone some savage. He had torn off the leaves that covered his lower half and very not so gracefully forced himself into his damped clothes that wanted to greedily stick to his skin. The colonel let out curses as he nearly fell into the sand multiple times trying to get his wet pants up and buckling his belt up. The humiliation of being naked in front of some savage woman made his skin burn hot as he quickly forced on his boots and torned tank top. He quickly worked on getting all his weapons strapped correctly on him when his ears twitched at the sound of movement from the treeline. He quickly turned his gun focused on that area as his cat-like eyes stared through the treeline. The illuminating fauna did well to hide you, but soon miles recognized your frame moving out of the tree line walking to the fire with some sort of dead animal on your shoulder. He watched as you walked towards unfazed by him or a gun pointing at you as you dropped the animal close to the fire. Your tail swayed idlingly through the air as your amber eyes soon focused on him