Welcome home, Brett

Eddy was climbing the stairs, feeling sore from yesterday's run. As it turned out, keeping yourself fit was painful. But other than that, he was in a good mood, just coming back from a night of intense work at Jordon's apartment with Shaun and Johnny, and he felt like they were one step closer to releasing those live recordings he'd always dreamed of.

He fumbled in the pockets for his keys, humming a tune under his breath, but he heard a sound behind the door. Maybe it's Andrea. Maybe she hasn't left yet.

He turned the handle to open the door and was surprised to see Brett. The man was just zipping up his suitcase with his back turned to him.

Eddy couldn't put into words how much emotion he felt when he saw him, but most of all, he was happy because they hadn't seen each other in almost a month and he thought he wouldn't be back until next week.

"Brett!" he shouted happily, closing the door and rushing to hug him, but his boyfriend stopped him at arm's length.

"Get away from me," he said, and Eddy stopped in his steps, his smile disappearing.
Only now did he notice it. Brett looked furious, and he was angry seldom enough to make Eddy not know what to do about it.

"What happened?" he asked, feeling suddenly stressed. Justifiably stressed, he'd even say. It's not usual that your boyfriend looks at you like he wants to murder you.

Brett didn't unpack his suitcases. Why didn't he start unpacking them? Maybe he came back for some stuff he needed. Maybe he's leaving for another month. Eddy's heart was breaking at the thought. But why was he so mad?

"I could ask you the same question."

Maybe Brett was pranking him. Eddy hoped it was some kind of joke.

"What do you mean? How did you even come back so early?"

"You'd prefer me to come back later, huh?" he muttered in response, and Eddy just tilted his head in absolute confusion.

"Of course not. I'm happy you're here." And it was true, even if his boyfriend planned to stab him.

Brett sighed ostentatiously.

"Eddy, the least you could do is have some class and just fess up."

"But what do you mean?!" Eddy was beginning to panic. He must have done something wrong. He must have done something very wrong to make Brett look at him with such disdain because that anger was gone, now he appeared as if he was looking at a bug, not worth even stepping on with a shoe. But why???

"Right, I forgot about your memory issues," Brett said, dripping with that strongly unpleasant kind of sarcasm. "Maybe I should remind you of the state you left our bedroom in."

"Huh?" Eddy only mumbled and walked past Brett in the passage to see the said room. His boyfriend just followed him, already completely indifferent and cold.

Eddy entered the bedroom and paused in shock. The sheets and the bed looked like there was a tornado here, but that wasn't the worst thing, the worst was that used condom on the ground, and clearly not his underwear crumpled into a ball and thrown across the room. His jaw dropped.

"I... I don't understand..."

"Sure..."

Eddy had to think fast because it suddenly hit him - Brett wanted to leave him. Break up with him. Go away forever. He had to stop him somehow, but... But it looked so bad!

Fortunately, Eddy remembered something that he had completely forgotten once he had noticed Brett's arrival.

Fucking. Andrea.